How to Install Plugins ×

Animated Image 2.4 - AGIF & APNG

Simon Brown

Don't keep us waiting... :smile:... in what way does it not work? Is there an error or something?

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MyAnim.PNG.PNGAnim.CreatePNGStatic(Int32 frameIndex)
   at MyAnim.PNG.PNGAnim.ParseFrame(Surface scratch, Int32 frameIndex)
   at MyAnim.PNG.PNGAnim.GetFrames()
   at MyAnim.PNG.MyAnimPNG.OnLoad(Stream input)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 495
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

The problem files are attached

ICON0.APNG

ICON1.APNG

ICON2.APNG

EDIT: Assuming it's a problem with the newest version of Paint.NET, and the plugin needs to be updated... then while you're at it, I suppose having an actual "Desired Framerate" box (and an animated preview) wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by Amaroq Dricaldari

And the problem happened again, this time when I tried to open a .PSD

It seems that the problem only occurs whenever I try to open a Plug-In filetype, but I can still save in those filetypes just fine.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.Threading.PrivateThreadPool' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=4.12.6099.39434, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at PaintDotNet.Data.PhotoshopFileType.PsdLoad.Load(Stream input)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

As it stands, I still have no idea if it's just a problem on my end (messed up installations), or if it's a problem with the newest version of Paint.NET.

Edited by Amaroq Dricaldari

• 5 months later...

This plugin is good, but I it has missed two important things.  First one - AGIF not supporting transparency. And second - during saving I cannot select 24 bit or 8bit GIF image I want to save. It defaults to 8bit, even if the source is 24bit. 
See example source file in attachment.

ws_loader.agif

Hi @msangel.  There is another Plugin to make animations by Midora which supports transparency and here is a How To use the Plugin ;).

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Edited link

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Edited your second link Pixey. It had an extra HTTP in it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Edited your second link Pixey. It had an extra HTTP in it.

Oh dear .... I really made a dog's dinner of that post :mrred:.  I edited the duplicated one and forgot to check the other.  Many thanks to those who look after mesmileys-verwirrte-906519.gif

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 5 months later...
On 2-7-2009 at 9:41 PM, Simon Brown said:

Animated GIFs actually have the same extension as normal ones. However, as PDN can already open normal GIFs, if I assign my extension to .gif you won't be able to use it as Paint.NET's native handler would take preference. So I use .agif instead and to get it to work you must rename .gif files to .agif before opening, and .agif files to .gif after saving.

This is extremely clear and helpful. Would you mind adding this bit of info to the first post? It should save many future questions.

Roos-Skywalker%20close%20up.jpg

10 hours ago, RoosSkywalker said:

Would you mind adding this bit of info to the first post? It should save many future questions.

Done.

• 1 month later...

I tried and tried to get a transparent background but its a no go - there's always a white block around my gif.

I tried the Midora plugin and it kind of screws up my gif. I used PDN to edit another animated GIF and I removed some of the image. Midora's plugin brings the image back and adds flashing colors - IDK   Let me re-read this tread and maybe something will make sense

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I tried the Midora plugin and it kind of screws up my gif. I used PDN to edit another animated GIF and I removed some of the image. Midora's plugin brings the image back and adds flashing colors - IDK

Works fine for me with Midora's plugin. Set color count to 256 and transparency threshold to 255.

confused_alpha.gif.523e3f1e6b733eb98f44306b57a033c0.gif

69unju0.gif

17 hours ago, dipstick said:

Works fine for me with Midora's plugin. Set color count to 256 and transparency threshold to 255.

I have a cheesy  GIF that I wanted to make the background transparent. I used an old plugin (AnimatedGifLibrary.dll) to create the GIF  Its OK but background is not transparent

59ea1d9e1787a_My_Cloud_Base_logo3.gif.30f489088f4ea0f18d7ebc5e930cd928.gif

I tried many plugins but I can't get it to go. I misspoke about Midora  (tried so many I lost track) but it does not make the background transparent & it doesn't work like the one above 59ea1d1d5f962_My_Cloud_Base_logo3M.gif.fc7fd8bfb55ee1235ec9caf8009ee433.gif

Here's the actual paint.net file renamed it .dll cuz .png not allowed

My_Cloud_Base_logo - Copy.pdn.dll

Hmmm

When I click on the second file (from Midora) it shows a transparent background - Needs to be cleaned up but when I drag the file to my browser it's background is not transparent

Hello @DoubleD.

Your layers are different from the original.

This is how they should be placed:

1st frame is blank - i.e only the clouds

2nd frame - M

3rd  frame - y

4th frame - blank - only the clouds

5th frame - C

6th frame - l

7th frame - o

8th frame - u

9th frame - d

then:

10th, 11th, 12 & 13th are all - My Cloud

This is how they must be spaced for the speed to look correct.

Hope this helps :)

30b8T8B.gif

9 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hello @DoubleD.

Hope this helps :)

I will try that but honestly I think it will be easier & look cleaner to just change the background color of each layer to be the same as my web page background. It will seem as if it were transparent

I wonder why it worked for the other plugin ???

Thanks for your reply

Edited by DoubleD
I wonder

Have you seen this tutorial: 

I'm not sure what you mean about 'transparent'.  Do you mean you don't want the blue clouds?  If not, then just make your first layer the color of your website.

30b8T8B.gif

1 minute ago, Pixey said:

Have you seen this tutorial: 

I'm not sure what you mean about 'transparent'.  Do you mean you don't want the blue clouds?  If not, then just make your first layer the color of your website.

I have not seen it but I guess I'll have to watch it. Transparent so I put this icon on a web page with a black background. It shows up with a white box around it. I want the white to be transparent.

T1.png.88ad3504e62373b6ce3ad73f84ba42a5.png

The Midora plugin gets me close but here's where I noticed that it needs to be cleaned up. too much white around the gears and chain. I could just change the web page's background to white and its all good

I remember one person wanted a gif with a transparent background. The verdict was if you have Firefox it is possible. If you have Internet Explorer it is not. In your case you should probably make the background the same color as your web page. That way it looks transparent.

I think the problem is that you are using the original frames?  I assumed you were making your own logo on a transparent background.

If you are using the original, the reason the white is there is because they make it with a white background.  If you are, in essence, using the original, you need to use magic wand and delete the white background and then you have a transparent background.

image.png

30b8T8B.gif

19 minutes ago, Pixey said:

I think the problem is that you are using the original frames?  I assumed you were making your own logo on a transparent background.

If you are using the original, the reason the white is there is because they make it with a white background.  If you are, in essence, using the original, you need to use magic wand and delete the white background and then you have a transparent background.

I did use the magic wand on every single layer.  59ea3d1041f00_My_Cloud_Base_logo3M.gif.06a97122ec54517e617507b728b58e6f.gif This is where I noticed that I need to do cleanup work and reorder as you suggested.  still when I view it in firefox it shows as T1a.png.0d311b0829faa4492b37b77e615e6295.png but if I click the image after i post it to this forum the white background is gone T1b.png.cee63b2f123f8ccd51b22f17b3bd8e88.png

Transparency is not very clean. Your best bet is to set background color to black or whatever your web page background is. To do that, create a new layer below all layers and fill with black.

Change that layer properties name to: layer0 // background

Export to animated gif

69unju0.gif