How to Install Plugins ×

Animated Image 2.4 - AGIF & APNG

Simon Brown

Would it be useful if I added the same settings PDN has when saving as a normal GIF/PNG to this plugin?

That would be extremely helpful.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

It's not clear how to save as an apng... I only see the agif options...

Look in the first post, there are instructions on how to enable it.

This is great and works well for me. I just have one question, When I try to save a transparent background it is saved as a black background. Am I doing something wrong :? or is this a bug, If a bug I hope you'll be able to fix :mrgreen: .

Thanks for a cool plugin

Are you saving as a GIF or an APNG?

I am saving as an AGIF. Tried to install the APNG file "japng.jar" to "Paint.net File Types" folder but apng doesn't show-up as a save option. I don't seem to have a "Paint.net user files" folder? I am using v3.36

Hi,

Thank you for this plugin!

This is great and works well for me. I just have one question, When I try to save a transparent background it is saved as a black background. Am I doing something wrong :? or is this a bug, If a bug I hope you'll be able to fix :mrgreen: .

Thanks for a cool plugin

Are you saving as a GIF or an APNG?

I have the same trouble, I open an animated Gif with a transparent background.

The transparency is correctly shown in the layers. I've changed some colors as for testing.

But when I save as an animated Gif the transparency turns black and the white turns transparent.

I've tried to change the primary/secondary colors to any of black/white/transparent without success...

I am saving as an AGIF. Tried to install the APNG file "japng.jar" to "Paint.net File Types" folder but apng doesn't show-up as a save option. I don't seem to have a "Paint.net user files" folder? I am using v3.36

There is a folder in Documents called Paint.NET User Files, I was referring to that.

KaHuc.png

What happens when it doesn't? And does this always work with GIF?

"Unspecified error occurred while saving" (In French "Une erreur non spécifiée s'est produite lors de l'enregistrement du fichier")

And sometimes it works, but it produces an empty (0 byte) file.

It works with GIF.

There is a folder in Documents called Paint.NET User Files, I was referring to that.

Got it thanks a lot :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

Very, Very nice. I'm an occasional PDN user. But I needed to create an animated image for a website (a series of 6 books a Spanish school uses). I thought I would search and see if PDN could do it... As luck would have it... It now does.

Plugin worked great, the apng support worked perfectly after I figured out how to create the Paint.NET user files directory. Check here for help:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26457

I do have one problem. For an image that is meant to have a leisurely 3-4 second delay between image updates... having an upper limit of 40 seems much too restrictive. Any chance you might extend your limit?

Thanks again for the wrapper. Oh and I created this forum account just to say thanks!

Very, Very nice. I'm an occasional PDN user. But I needed to create an animated image for a website (a series of 6 books a Spanish school uses). I thought I would search and see if PDN could do it... As luck would have it... It now does.

Plugin worked great, the apng support worked perfectly after I figured out how to create the Paint.NET user files directory. Check here for help:

http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26457

I do have one problem. For an image that is meant to have a leisurely 3-4 second delay between image updates... having an upper limit of 40 seems much too restrictive. Any chance you might extend your limit?

Thanks again for the wrapper. Oh and I created this forum account just to say thanks!

I'd also like to thank the author of this plugin, very useful indeed.

The maximum delay of 40 centiseconds makes some GIFs run rather too fast, it would be good if there was no arbitrary upper limit at all.

What would make this an ideal plugin for me, would be if, when opening an animated GIF, it could maintain the original delay for each frame, so that when resaving it (after resizing/cropping or whatever), it maintained the original animation speed.

Not sure how feasible this would be as I don't know if there is a way to store this info as metadata for the layers (maybe you could encode the info into the layer's name or something - "frame1_delay20", "frame2_delay160" etc) or whether the underlying code supports such settings.

Anyway, thanks for what you've already done in this plugin, hopefully I shall be able to dispose of all other GIF animators in favour of paint.net exclusively.

Okay, I now know how to rename layers from a plugin. But my main problem now is that the FileType IDUI is rather static and so the only way I could implement setting the delay according to the layer is to add a new value that specifies to set the values to that specified by layer name - but as I cannot set defaults according to layer name I would end-up with an inapplicable default.

An alternative to this would be a checkbox saying "override options to those of loaded image where applicable" which would be checked by default. So, on reflection, do you think the latter would be helpful or just confusing?

Edit: And by the way, i've got longer delays working ready for the next release - is 400 enough?

KaHuc.png

This plugin is GREAT, thanks!

I am also having trouble with transparent backgrounds though?

I open 4 .png files in layers, I hit save as, and save the file as 1.agif

then I rename and just take out the "a" from .agif but the background

is black? Do I have to change something in each layer?

aminatedpixelomgot002.gif

Try making the background white. It worked for me. :)

Try making the background white. It worked for me. :)

That worked!

Thanks

aminatedpixelomgot002.gif

ok heres my issue.

when i save the image as apng the quality of the image goes way down.

my images are .gif already

heres a before

22496_a965be1eb32271ca3a552ce4cdb86599

and after

22496_881b5acaa726616b947359ed048fa5d5

ideas?