How to create Cartoon Talk Balloons and Thought Bubbles

BoltBait

You'll need to install my plugin pack before attempting this tutorial.

I really hate tutorials that are done in graphics. Don't you?

Cartoon Talk Balloons:

TalkBalloons.jpg

Cartoon Thought Bubbles:

ThoughtBalloons.jpg

I know that one complaint is that the outline is not anti-aliased. This won't be a problem. Here's why:

Always work at 2x (or 3x) of your final size. That way, when you scale the final drawing down, your aliased lines will become anti-aliased.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You know what i don't get? Is that every time a reg user makes a tut that only has 3 steps or less, It ends up getting locked. And this one only has 2. Don't get me wrong, this is a great one, But it's like we have to like the top userers tuts

newsplinteredsigawesome100PDN.png

Don't take the "Christ" out of Christmas. X-mas

"Remember kids, Don't try this at home go to a friends house"

Yes if the tut simply rehashes exisiting tuts or techniques it will generally get locked. No it doesn't need to be the best tut ever written to pass muster. The author has nothing to do with it.

Here's an example of a tut that was questioned for its simplicity. Note my comments: Glowy Swirl

I thought the tut was going to be bad because of it's name. Tuts should have a descriptive name, shouldn't it? I like that tut, it was good, but it needs a better name. And yes, noobs have half empty of a brain but it needs to be filled with experience with the newb playground.

newsplinteredsigawesome100PDN.png

Don't take the "Christ" out of Christmas. X-mas

"Remember kids, Don't try this at home go to a friends house"