[mRyan Designs] Mike Ryan's Gallery!

Mike Ryan

• 1 month later...

I love the new direction of drawing your own images. The connection between the song and the pic is a nice touch. Now where's the fav button....oh yes that's over on DA not here. Well if there was a fav button here I'd be adding dig a pony. I guess I'll just throw some confetti :AddNoise: :AddNoise: :AddNoise:

ciao

OMA

Thanks for the comments, all.

So, I was looking at my first line art peice, Dig a Pony, and thought "Man, I really need to work on my line art! Color, better lines, everything!" So I opened up Paint.NET and decided to start working on something. In the end I chose a paintbrush. All in all, I think it turned out pretty well:

paintbrush_sketch.png

signature.png

Heh, for one that gets a lot of positive feedback I find it a little humorous it only took a few minutes...

1. Open up Fern Fractal and set it to green. Doesn't really matter what settings you use here.

2. Open up Rotate / Zoom and then Rotate it as such in the image.

3. Duplicate the layer. Name the duplicate 'Face'.

4. Name the non duplicate 'Blur'.

5. On 'Blur', open up Motion Blur.

6. Blur at a -90.0 degree angle with 'Centered' turned off at default amount

7. Duplicate 'Blur' 4 times, then flatten all 5 'Blur' layers

8. Black and White the 'Blur' layer

signature.png

Heh, for one that gets a lot of positive feedback I find it a little humorous it only took a few minutes...

1. Open up Fern Fractal and set it to green. Doesn't really matter what settings you use here.

2. Open up Rotate / Zoom and then Rotate it as such in the image.

3. Duplicate the layer. Name the duplicate 'Face'.

4. Name the non duplicate 'Blur'.

5. On 'Blur', open up Motion Blur.

6. Blur at a -90.0 degree angle with 'Centered' turned off at default amount

7. Duplicate 'Blur' 4 times, then flatten all 5 'Blur' layers

8. Black and White the 'Blur' layer

Hmmm....very interesting concept there. I should had figured that out on my own, but I thought if I asked you, I would get a very interesting step by step guide, and I was not disappointed. Very cool.

I also like the Paintbrush. That remind me of a GIMP tut I once saw on making a paintbrush.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Your new sig has made me lose all my respect for you. We (tag makers) praise some of your stuff and you turn around to slap us in the face. tHs is right, it's all art, nothing is better, all opinions. Seriously, grow up dude.

Surely hypocritical back talk is unnecessary? It is my opinion that the work 'tag makers' put into their stock pieces is a fine example of wasted talent. Your brushwork, smudging, blending, and insight of colours is fantastic on your signature. However, for such extreme detailing you put this effort into a stock, setting the standard of your work to be something you are not responsible for creating.

I don't think it is I who has to grow up for expressing an opinion, but people like you who take it beyond a grain of salt. If you have enough confidence that your art is, well, your art then is there a need to post a disagreement in my gallery? I don't dance my signature around your artwork, that is disrespectful to you as a person. I would appreciate it if you kept such disagreement away from my gallery as a manner of maturity, because to me that is creating my home of work into a topic of debate.

Really, though: my signature is just an opinion of yours. Nothing more! Not an outcry against just you, but the cult of 'tag artists'. You think it is art, I think it is dressing up a stock. Have I done it before? Yes. Do I at least admit a fault in my work? Yes. I apologize for affending you to such a point that it has come to this. But honestly, I think both a private message and overall better communication could have been done on your part.

signature.png