How to Install Plugins ×

Upload to... v2.6

Simon Brown

Hi, I heard people talking about compressing the pngs... There is a plugin optipng that does lossless compression.

Thanks for the plugin

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

• 2 weeks later...

Should I add a better way of saving your keys, such as a checkbox and not stored in Paint.NET User Files? How important would upgrading the tokens to the new storage be? For how many versions/how long would I need to keep it backwards-compatible.

KaHuc.png

• 4 months later...

As an update on the Photobucket situation, i'm afraid I can't get their API to work. I can do anything directly but not upload, one library crashes when I reference it in a method and the other is for silverlight and I can't even find binaries for it. If anyone believes they can implement it i'd be willing to send them what i've done so far and I could include it as a library.

KaHuc.png

• 2 weeks later...

A question:

if you haven't saved the file on your computer yet, and upload it to the website, on the website what type of file is it?

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A bug:

when you upload and you have more than layer, it doesn't ask you to flatten, therefore it only uploads the layer, this can be useful but sometimes annoying.

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

• 2 months later...

Uhm he alway fail the Upload...

I tried both ImageShack and TinyPic without an account.

No Crashlog or something else - any suggestions?

rhfjdjejdca.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Simon,

Nice plugin. I use it for FTP transfers frequently. I'm not sure if it is even technically feasible under PDN 3.5.5, but have you thought about a "Download from..." plugin with similar features to the "Upload to..." plugin? Perhaps "Download from.." could even leverage the "Paste, Paste in to New Layer, Paste in to New Image" functionality already in PDN?

Why the need, you ask? To simplify acquiring images from remote sources (any source?), and by extension, facilitate complete, automatic processing of images. We have several active digital cameras using EyeFi cards ( http://www.eye.fi ) that are dumping images onto FTP accessible boxes. Images are transferred down via FTP then edited with PDN and sent to another FTP site. Without resorting to external scripts, I could almost automate image processing also completely in PDN by using pyrochild's scriptlab - if I had a "Download from..." plugin.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this...

Kevin

I've thought about it, mainly from the perspective of a search plugin, but the fact that a plugin to do that already exists made it a lower priority.

"Download from.." could even leverage the "Paste, Paste in to New Layer, Paste in to New Image" functionality already in PDN?

The way Paint.NET's plugin system works at the moment would mean it would have to render images in the current layer.

KaHuc.png