How to Install Plugins ×

Evan's Effects (open source as of October 16, 2012)

evanolds

Thank you very much! If it wouldn't be too much bother, do you think you'd be able to find the Octagonal/Quad reshape part as well? That link also seems to be gone.

That plugin has been replaced by the Quadrilateral Reshape and Polygonal Transparency effects in this pack.

Also it appears that evanolds.com is back online.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I just tried to download the Evan's Effects and I got a warning message saying "This kind of file can harm your computer, do you want to discard?"

Is there another link or is there a way to correct this? These look like great effects that I would use quite a bit.

Hi Kelly.

It is only giving you that warning prompt because it is a .dll not in a zip folder. You are OK to download it :)

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

• 4 weeks later...

Could somebody be kind and tell me where the open source link is?  I'm looking for references, specifically for the implementation of hsv (I had difficulty converting an hsv color to an rgb color manually and it involves a good bit of "color space" mumbo-jumbo that just turns to mush in my brain)

Could somebody be kind and tell me where the open source link is?  I'm looking for references, specifically for the implementation of hsv (I had difficulty converting an hsv color to an rgb color manually and it involves a good bit of "color space" mumbo-jumbo that just turns to mush in my brain)

The source code link is at the bottom of this page.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @jicks - I have a zipped file and will try to attach it here.  Perhaps a mod can add it to the first page as well :)

Ooops - I need to zip it first ..... please bear with me ;)

OK - here it is - I hope it's the right .dll in the zip file (I haven't done this before).

EOEffects (1).zip

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 4 months later...
  • Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 4 weeks later...

I'll have a look at this tonight.

Images restored. Thanks for the links toe_head2001!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Greetings All - With the intro of WIN10 and newer faster computers - we are entering into a new age of computing. Genius - Pure Genius is all I can say about my second collection of Add-ins from EvanOlds. Words cannot express the kudos you deserve. New Install 4.0.13. Reminder - when everything works - do not change a thing LOL.

MGT9iTs.png

Edited by AndrewDavid

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

• 5 months later...

Mirror over line is now crashing in the new update

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\EOEffects.dll
      Effect Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.MirrorOverLineEffect
      Full error message: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: source.Size=250,250, newSize=256,256, but the new size must be smaller
   at PaintDotNet.Rendering.ResizeSuperSamplingRendererBgra..ctor(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Rendering\ResizeSuperSamplingRendererBgra.cs:line 283
   at PaintDotNet.Rendering.RendererBgraExtensions.ResizeSuperSampling(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Rendering\RendererBgraExtensions.cs:line 150
   at PaintDotNet.Rendering.RendererBgraExtensions.ResizeSuperSampling(IRenderer`1 source, SizeInt32 newSize) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Rendering\RendererBgraExtensions.cs:line 137
   at PaintDotNet.Surface.FitSurface(ResamplingAlgorithm algorithm, Surface source, Rectangle dstRoi, Boolean useMultiCore) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 1450
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.MirrorOverLineEffect.CreateConfigDialog()
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 915

1 minute ago, AndrewDavid said:

Parameter name: source.Size=250,250, newSize=256,256, but the new size must be smaller

My fault 

• 2 months later...

Is conditional hue/sat in adjustments or somewhere else as it is not showing up at all in Adjustments and I cannot find it anywhere, Thanks for any and all help!

conditional hue.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2008 at 6:37 AM, evanolds said:

Pie Chart ("Render" submenu)

Renders a simple pie chart. Added January 6, 2012.

yhsjjie-1006.png

Great plugin!

Some comments about the pie chart:

• The category name is lost as soon as you click on Ok. When you open the popup again, the names are just "Category 1", "Category 2", so there isn't much sense in spend much time writing something there.
  • The pie chart always takes the whole space. If you select an area, it won't make the chart smaller, but just render that specific part of the graph, which in my opinion, doesn't make much sense.
  • It would be great if the existing categories list support multi select, so you can remove more than one at the time. Or if there was a "remove all" or "clear" button. Apparently there is no keyboard shortcut to remove a category, so you have to use your mouse to click on an entry and then on the Remove button repeatedly.
  • It would also be great if clicking or double clicking on an existing category would reload the field above, so you can easily edit it, instead of having to delete and readd it.
  • Add always adds the category at the end. It would be great if it was added before the selected existing category, if any. But this requires that clicking on a selected category un-selects it, so you can still add a category at the end.

On 10/16/2012 at 8:49 PM, evanolds said:

Source code is available as of October 16, 2012.

http://www.evanolds....dn_effects.html

Too bad it's gone. :(

Edited by AndrewL

Toe_head2001 has a very cool replacement here...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, nozmo said:

What's with FORCING people to use DROPBOX? <snip>

I have archived quite a number of legacy plugins so forum users can continue to download them. This is usually necessary because the plugin author is awol and the original plugin link is/was broken. This is the case for this plugin pack.

I'm providing this service for free. I don't recieve any payment or 'kickbacks' for doing so. I do it because I'm generous and altruistic.

You don't get to choose how I make these plugins available, I do. If you don't like DropBox don't download it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Reptillian said:

The link in the first post works fine. I just checked.

23 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

The link in the first post works fine. I just checked.

The person is talking about the source code. I don't see the source code via dropbox website navigator. Wayback Machine preserved the source code.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer