How to Install Plugins ×

Chroma Key (Green)

tarheit

This is a relatively simple chroma key plugin for removing the green background from an image. It's based on the algorithm presented in the paper here: http://www.makebelieve.gr/vl/Publications/SAICSIT99.pdf with an addition to reduce the green hue at the edge of objects. It's a terribly simple routine compared to many and certainly could stand improvement, but seems to do the job as well as many of the $100 programs I've tried.

-Tim

ChromaKeyPlugin.zip

I just used the demo pictures that were in the demo version of GreenscreenWizard (http://www.greenscreenwizard.com), and ones found with a google image search ('chroma key green') like the one on this page: http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/tu ... een/Detail

I just purchased a piece of green cloth so I haven't had a chance to take any of my own yet.

-Tim

This might be more useful as some sort of video editing tool. Which, I wish I could find free.

As far as photo editing for experienced users, I don't really see this being a commonly used tool (over pdn). There's already plenty of alternative, more effective ways of doing what this does. I don't need the background to be a certain, solid color to produce the same thing in the example pictures I've seen.

That's just my personal opinion though. I'm sure other people probably need this. Like perhaps, scrubs at tourist attractions taking your picture in front of a green screen. But, I'm sure they already have purchased professional equipment.

banner-2.png

• 6 months later...

Hi, I download the plugin. can any one give me the sample code please. i need it uregent. i am serching about it from last 10 days but not get any good things. toe_head2001 can you please provide me the same code which u used in above picture. very very thanks in advance

You use this plugin from within Paint.NET. There is no need to code anything.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a relatively simple chroma key plugin for removing the green background from an image. It's based on the algorithm presented in the paper here: http://www.makebelie...s/SAICSIT99.pdf with an addition to reduce the green hue at the edge of objects. It's a terribly simple routine compaired to many and certainly could stand improvement, but seems to do the job as well as many of the $100 programs I've tried.

-Tim

I have a file with a lot of yellow and it deletes that too. I've tried using the adjustments but can't seem to get it right. Any ideas? Thanks.

• 5 months later...

While the program does a good job of keying out the green, I find that unless your format and size between the layer are the same this is something of a pain. Perhaps I'm simply not familiar enough with the program to understand. I can't simply drag the size so my subject on the green screen fits properly into prespective on the background scene. It also seems very difficult to position it. What am I doing wrong? I cannot seem to figure out how to do simple manipulatio of the size and placement of the different layers. If I simply use the drop down to change the size, both pictures change instead of the one.

Otherwise the effect of keying out the green works very good.

• 2 years later...

Don't know.  It's a ZIP file and it appears to download just fine?

• 1 year later...

HEY MAN THANKS SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS!!! I was wondering if you could make it compatible with all colors. Basically I was trying to find a replacement for keylight (thats and advanced chroma key for AfterEffectsCC) an this does the job pretty well but i could use a multicolor feature. Maybe you could update it or maybe someone could write a script so help me. THANKS!

HEY MAN THANKS SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS!!! I was wondering if you could make it compatible with all colors. Basically I was trying to find a replacement for keylight (thats and advanced chroma key for AfterEffectsCC) an this does the job pretty well but i could use a multicolor feature. Maybe you could update it or maybe someone could write a script so help me. THANKS!

Actually EDIT maybe just black background compatibility

• 3 years later...

I am unable to get the link to open. I chose "save as", saved it to desktop, then opened it and all I see is a garbled text document.  If I select "open", it opens the same text document. I have installed and used the other chroma key software by "mgeorgiady" and it works fine. I see that one other person had a similar zip file issue, but there was no resolution. I am undoubtedly missing something, probably obvious, but regardless, I am unable to install the plug in. Any thoughts or help are appreciated.

HI @DannieUltra and welcome :)

I too just get a bunch of text.  I assume the author's Zip is no longer working/removed/deleted. Sorry about that, but it does go back to 2008.

I still have the Zip and I will get it attached to the 1st post asap :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.