How to Airbrush like a Professional (let's try this again)

lindsaykorsen

• 2 months later...

This doesn't exactly follow the tutorial, but it has some ideas from it, as well as my own experiences with airbrushing thrown in :mrgreen:

perfectcompare.png

• Upvote 2

Untitled1.png

Previously dgirl555, but now you can call me epic

Oh, and I really like airbrushing photos

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it only works with pictures which are not as professional...

I tried it with my own professional picture and it doesn't look nice.

You're picture is nice. I'll try it another time with another picture.

Btw: Here is the picture I used but didn't look like anyting. (And sorry it's quite big... :P)

http://i55.tinypic.com/11tv38w.jpg

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
replaced image with link

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Paint.NET - see the first post in this thread (just before STEP ONE).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@crazyPainterz, the hair and make up is really good. The lips let it down though, good try. :)

p.s - love your sig :)

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

@crazyPainterz, the hair and make up is really good. The lips let it down though, good try. :)

p.s - love your sig :)

thx :D

Anyway, I don't airbrush that much anymore, so... yeah, its pretty obvious it will have flaws.

How about now?

http://i.imgur.com/jfGdz.jpg

Edited by CrazyPainterz

Q1QE4.png

Paint with PDN like there is no tomorrow!

• 4 weeks later...

Cool tutorial :) airbrushing isnt my thing but i like this thread.

Before:

mbo304.jpg

After:

28jffw7.jpg

^ Awesome work! some of the best ive seen on this thread for sure. :) Not too bright, not too patchy, just good airbrushing work

Dex+477+sig+pic.png

• 4 months later...

Nice job DarkyMidnight, and welcome to the forum. Just so you know, the maximum size of images that you should post here is 800pixels on the longest edge.

I've edited your post accordingly :)

Nicely assembled tutorial! I normally save all my work in bitmaps and those can take up to 2-3mb's each, PNG's are often only a few hundred KB's and load much faster in my case. It took Mozilla about 4 seconds to load all 75 elements but Opera did it in under 2.5 seconds. :D

Nice job DarkyMidnight, and welcome to the forum. Just so you know, the maximum size of images that you should post here is 800pixels on the longest edge.

I've edited your post accordingly :)

lol bro how come I never got a welcome to the forums greeting!!! :( brb going to find the biggest image I can find to post so you have to edit it!!! lol I'm totally kidding please don't ban me <3:D

RFX5A1.jpg

@RFX: Belated welcome to the forum! :grin:

When I reply to a first time poster I like to appear friendly. Then when the new member accidentally breaks the rules I become the Rule Ogre and pounce on them and roar and generally frighten all their puppies.

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry Lindsay but I'm stuck at Step 3. I can't figure-out how to use the lasso and magic wand at the same time :? According to your "history" you use the lasso for a number of steps and then follow with the magic wand. I manage to lasso the area I want (and hold down control and lasso until I get the whole area). Then when I go back and magic wand the lassoed area, it changes my whole picture. Geez...... I feel so stupid :roll:

Edit: It's OK..... I figured it out and managed to get to the end. A wonderful tutorial - thanks!

Pixey thanks for the hold control and lasso till i get the whole area  tip .....