How to Airbrush like a Professional (let's try this again)

lindsaykorsen

I think I did pretty well. I like the eyeliner effect.

[attachment=1]mehbefore.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]mehafter.jpg[/attachment]

you did a fantastic job! :]

You can actually block out blemishes beforehand by selecting the color right outside the red area, turning the transparency way down, making the brush the same size as the blemish, and coloring it until it disappears.

Ok, here's my example. :3 And yes, I used a wallpaper instead of a real pic, but my first effort with my own picture turned out awful. So, this was more of a test. I kinda liked it, so wanted to post it. :)

BEFORE

Wallpaper_Bella_1280x1024.jpg

AFTER

Wallpaper_Bellapractice.jpg

Ok, here's my example. :3 And yes, I used a wallpaper instead of a real pic, but my first effort with my own picture turned out awful. So, this was more of a test. I kinda liked it, so wanted to post it. :)

BEFORE

Wallpaper_Bella_1280x1024.jpg

AFTER

Wallpaper_Bellapractice.jpg

As much as I despise the twilight fandom, you did a fantastic job, this is top notch.

• 4 weeks later...

Ohh and to everyone who isn't lucky enough to be able to get rid of blemishes with simple gaussiam blur, use alpha masking, it's a bit complicated but i found it worked :) i just replaced that step of the tutorial with the mask then followed the rest ;) thankyou LK

signature1-1.jpg?t=1253467710

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, great tut! I'm so glad you decided to download the whole thing. :D

Lindsay, for your original picture I think my attention was drawn immediately to the eyes. I love what your effect does to the eye shadow, the lines of the eyes, and the whites of the eyes, although I think the iris color is a little prettier in the first, I might suggest bringing some of that color back (maybe cropping the irises from the original creating a new layer in the edit and pasting & making them really transparent, just to bring a little of that color back). But it looks really good the way you did it. :)

Marken. Every entertaining. I love what you did with the hair and makeup.... The funny red spots on the face, maybe you could meld the two pics together to get rid up. :) Unless you like them, it does make me smile.

I'll do one tonight when I get home if I can. This is exactly what I was looking for. I've been doing some of this, but I really like some of the steps you have, that I didn't.

After some practice, I think I have cured the dreaded over-blur and figured some of my own techniques... This is my favorite...

girloriginal.jpg

BEFORE

girlairbrush.jpg

AFTER

Tada! Someone else did an airbrush on the before, and it inspired me to try on the same pic, but on PdN instead of Photoshop.

Oh, and I reshaped the nose a bit...

Untitled1.png

Previously dgirl555, but now you can call me epic

Oh, and I really like airbrushing photos

just a dumb noobe deal, "my" work looks a bit different on my crt vs my laptop,, most of your post look too bright on my crt(and the contrast is also high) my LT screen is way diff. thats why if veiwing on flat screen monitors do you look straight away from the screen or just looking at it,,just guessing, there is a diff. I try to do all my work on a crt as even "my" veiw angle changes how the overall photo/render looks to me. Walk around your screen before uploading,, just a note,, it may not apply to all and I hope this makes some sense

Kart Sig.

KART_PDN_SIG.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really glad I could help you out! Thank you for the insightful art critique. Very nice.

I'll think about applying those edits on a later date if I use this photo professionally, thank you very much for saving me a lot of time trying to determine how I can improve this photo.

Good luck! :]

Hey, great tut! I'm so glad you decided to download the whole thing. :D

Lindsay, for your original picture I think my attention was drawn immediately to the eyes. I love what your effect does to the eye shadow, the lines of the eyes, and the whites of the eyes, although I think the iris color is a little prettier in the first, I might suggest bringing some of that color back (maybe cropping the irises from the original creating a new layer in the edit and pasting & making them really transparent, just to bring a little of that color back). But it looks really good the way you did it. :)

Marken. Every entertaining. I love what you did with the hair and makeup.... The funny red spots on the face, maybe you could meld the two pics together to get rid up. :) Unless you like them, it does make me smile.

I'll do one tonight when I get home if I can. This is exactly what I was looking for. I've been doing some of this, but I really like some of the steps you have, that I didn't.

Absolutely outstanding, this is really fantastic. Great work with not going overboard with the colors and the contrast is just perfect. This is extremely professional, well done.

After some practice, I think I have cured the dreaded over-blur and figured some of my own techniques... This is my favorite...

girloriginal.jpg

BEFORE

girlairbrush.jpg

AFTER

Tada! Someone else did an airbrush on the before, and it inspired me to try on the same pic, but on PdN instead of Photoshop.

Oh, and I reshaped the nose a bit...

Thank you...I think I understand what you were trying to say, haha. I don't think I have a crt screen at my disposal always, but there are crt screens at my school, and I agree it would be a good idea to check the photos on different types of screens before submitting them, thanks for the tip.

just a dumb noobe deal, "my" work looks a bit different on my crt vs my laptop,, most of your post look too bright on my crt(and the contrast is also high) my LT screen is way diff. thats why if veiwing on flat screen monitors do you look straight away from the screen or just looking at it,,just guessing, there is a diff. I try to do all my work on a crt as even "my" veiw angle changes how the overall photo/render looks to me. Walk around your screen before uploading,, just a note,, it may not apply to all and I hope this makes some sense

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
this tutorial was aaaamazing!

haha, im a total n00b at Paint.NET,

and this was really easy to understand and follow!

here's my experiment:

Before:

33vdo3t.jpg

& after:

2lnh0cw.jpg

:D

No offence, but that looks extremely bright. [ The after picture. ]