How to Airbrush like a Professional (let's try this again)

lindsaykorsen

so this was my first acceptable attempt. the skin tone is a bit crazy but i had to edit it so much because of my spots. i am pretty pleased though :) THANKYOU FOR THIS AMAZING POT :) it's what persuaded me to download the program.

that's fantastic! great job ;]

protip: deselect the iris. (the black part in the middle) by using the "subtract" selection mode and the circle select tool.

Really great :D

before.jpg

Before

after.jpg

and after ^_^ I think I did okay for a first attempt?

that's really good!

next time try to blur a little bit less, but the eyes were fantastic for a first try.

uhm, other than that, after all the editing is done try to go into the RGB thing and bring up the luminosity, the picture is a bit dark.

before.jpg

Before

after.jpg

and after ^_^ I think I did okay for a first attempt?

that's really good!

next time try to blur a little bit less, but the eyes were fantastic for a first try.

uhm, other than that, after all the editing is done try to go into the RGB thing and bring up the luminosity, the picture is a bit dark.

• 2 weeks later...
Not really, so I took your advise and tried again.

14b0opx.jpg

Pretty, isn't she?

Aww...yes I guess I am rather pretty. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Good tut...Here's my first attempt with Caitlin Kinney from So You Think You Can Dance... hahaha I think I overdid the makeup... :P

29723_d4549ce36ed1085c2f2902d57a11d15e

Now epic epiphany.

I tried again with the example pic... The eyes are very stare-y... and kinda scare-y because of it...

29723_81513304f9a484a781728afe1afbb3c7

Now epic epiphany.

Back again... but this time I experimented a bit... (I once again used google for the pic... Gotta love search engines :P) I used surface blur, and I think it works better... It preserves the shadows a bit.

29723_04e757493286c674cd1a7aa2362ca09e

Now epic epiphany.

Good tut...Here's my first attempt with Caitlin Kinney from So You Think You Can Dance... hahaha I think I overdid the makeup... :P

Nifty, great job! Try to hold back on the blur, one or two suffices.

;]

I tried again with the example pic... The eyes are very stare-y... and kinda scare-y because of it...

Hahaha, very very pretty :]

I'd look pretty good with blue eyes.

Back again... but this time I experimented a bit... (I once again used google for the pic... Gotta love search engines :P) I used surface blur, and I think it works better... It preserves the shadows a bit.

Great job! But again, try to cut back on the blur. :]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Lindsay but I'm stuck at Step 3. I can't figure-out how to use the lasso and magic wand at the same time :? According to your "history" you use the lasso for a number of steps and then follow with the magic wand. I manage to lasso the area I want (and hold down control and lasso until I get the whole area). Then when I go back and magic wand the lassoed area, it changes my whole picture. Geez...... I feel so stupid :roll:

Edit: It's OK..... I figured it out and managed to get to the end. A wonderful tutorial - thanks!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.