How to Airbrush like a Professional (let's try this again)

lindsaykorsen

Thanks for this easy to follow tut! I'm very new at these type of edits, but I had fun with it. Here is my first attempt. It's not great, but I'll get better (hopefully).

[attachment=0]compare.jpg[/attachment]

Left: after - Right: Before

wow this is really subtle but you can definitely tell the difference. great job :D

• 2 weeks later...
Tut photo's arnt working :-(

again, I'd be more than happy to send you the file personally if you're serious about airbrushing.

• 2 weeks later...
OMG, thanks so much!!!

I didnt quite get the eye right

wiked awesome :]

I love it. Well done!

1t28ba.png

Ahh I couldn't resist, haha.

OMG, thanks so much!!!

I didnt quite get the eye right

wiked awesome :]

I love it. Well done!

1t28ba.png

Ahh I couldn't resist, haha.

WAHAY!! it's really good :D but when i do the gaussian blur it goes too blurry (even on 1) but i have to use it a lot cause i have horrible spots :P any suggestion? :)

signature1-1.jpg?t=1253467710

WAHAY!! it's really good :D but when i do the gaussian blur it goes too blurry (even on 1) but i have to use it a lot cause i have horrible spots :P any suggestion? :)

Mark each spot induvidually, then blur them? Or make a new layer, and draw the skintone over the spot, then blur that. :-) I think that would work.

Before:

http://i43.tinypic.com/okac7n.jpg

10ehquu.jpg

Yah, its meant to be dithered. (It actually looked better then. xD) This is the most recent picture of me on my laptop, since it, frankly, is the only one I bothered to move over. You've got to admit it though, I was a awesome baby.

dq3b03.jpg

Photos used: Bunny /Texturized

Mark each spot induvidually, then blur them? Or make a new layer, and draw the skintone over the spot, then blur that. :-) I think that would work.

Before:

10ehquu.jpg

Yah, its meant to be dithered. (It actually looked better then. xD) This is the most recent picture of me on my laptop, since it, frankly, is the only one I bothered to move over. You've got to admit it though, I was a awesome baby.

dq3b03.jpg

Photos used: Bunny /Texturized

Hmm. Well for "horrible spots" I assume you mean acne.

What you can do is this:

1. use the eyedropper tool to take the tone of skin from the "not red" part next to the blemish

2. drop the transparency to 4 or 8 (just like with the other things)

3. zoom in and make the brush size JUST as big as the blemish.

4. click the blemish until it disappears! If it turns like....green or red you either have the transparency too low, or took the wrong color with the eyedropper tool.

I hope this helps. ;]

Hmm. Well for "horrible spots" I assume you mean acne.

What you can do is this:

1. use the eyedropper tool to take the tone of skin from the "not red" part next to the blemish

2. drop the transparency to 4 or 8 (just like with the other things)

3. zoom in and make the brush size JUST as big as the blemish.

4. click the blemish until it disappears! If it turns like....green or red you either have the transparency too low, or took the wrong color with the eyedropper tool.

I hope this helps. ;]

Before:

10ehquu.jpg

WOAH you made awesome baby even awesomer! You were so cute :]

Really fantastic job on this one. I'm impressed.

Before:

10ehquu.jpg

WOAH you made awesome baby even awesomer! You were so cute :]

Really fantastic job on this one. I'm impressed.

Thankyou, that has really helped :D i love this forum :P

Aww. Woo. You're welcome :D

Post the finished product or I WILL FIND YOU. :P

Thankyou, that has really helped :D i love this forum :P

Aww. Woo. You're welcome :D

Post the finished product or I WILL FIND YOU. :P

so this was my first acceptable attempt. the skin tone is a bit crazy but i had to edit it so much because of my spots. i am pretty pleased though :) THANKYOU FOR THIS AMAZING POT :) it's what persuaded me to download the program.

so this was my first acceptable attempt. the skin tone is a bit crazy but i had to edit it so much because of my spots. i am pretty pleased though :) THANKYOU FOR THIS AMAZING POT :) it's what persuaded me to download the program.

that's fantastic! great job ;]

protip: deselect the iris. (the black part in the middle) by using the "subtract" selection mode and the circle select tool.

Really great :D