Glass Ball

Sharp

BullitStriker

Choose two nice colors in the Color Window then find the gradient tool in the Tool Window, now drag your cursor across the canvas. Here is some documentation on how to use PDN.

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ColorsWindow.html

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/GradientTool.html

Sneekpeek

Here is a nice tut for a vase.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15402-how-to-make-a-glassy-vase/

SloppySig.png

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

i have used Paint.NET for a long while now....

I love it! I think it is the easiest image program to use by far.

here is a image i made using this tutorial.

post-143639-0-60184300-1447349031_thumb.

• Upvote 1

Played with this one. This has not been feathered. I was doing fine until I hit Step 9, and had to read it about twelve times before I could figure out what I was being instructed to do.

post-143238-0-63750700-1447893913_thumb.

Edited by Marilynx

You're not the first one to run into trouble on step 9. This was my reply to someone else a few years back:

I take it you mean steps 8 and 9 of the tutorial.

In step 8 you should still have the original circle selected.
On a new layer, draw a black & transparent radial gradient inside the selection.

In step 9, use the Move Tool :MoveTool: to move the gradient you drew in step 8.
Click on the top nob (knob? nib? handle?) of the selection and drag it down to about half the original height.
Click on the right nob of the selection and drag to the right, about half again the original width.
If needed, click anywhere inside the selection and adjust the position of the shadow/gradient so that the bottom of the shadow lines up with the circle/ball, like in the example image.
Press Crtl+D to deselect all.
Lower the opacity as needed.

You can ignore the rest of step 9, "Now that we are done with the selection of the circle...". I suspect that was written for an earlier version of the tutorial and then Sharp must have forgotten to delete it after an update.

Given that the OP hasn't been here for more than a year, perhaps one of the mods can amend the instructions on the first post to spare future readers some anxiety. 

Xkds4Lh.png

You're not the first one to run into trouble on step 9. This was my reply to someone else a few years back:

Given that the OP hasn't been here for more than a year, perhaps one of the mods can amend the instructions on the first post to spare future readers some anxiety. 

Ah, yes, thank you... that does make more sense. Maybe I will make a copy of the tutorial and put your emendation into it for the sake of what little sanity I possess.

Great idea. Done!

• Upvote 1

Many thanks! When I come back to this, it may (potentially) save my sanity! Of course, there are those who say I haven't got any sanity to begin with.

• 1 year later...

Thanks so much for this tutorial. I've had such fun and learnt HEAPS. (phew) Here's my version and, yep, I know I could improve this - any thoughts would be welcome. My next project is to perfect Bubbles. Yay.

Glass Ball.jpg

• Upvote 2