Glass Ball

Sharp

Well ash, I can see some minor faults in it, but it does show my point, however glass is very hard to master, because there is a reflection, a distortion and a change in the lighting, overall you did a wonderfull job as usual.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

• 3 weeks later...

Greeting, Paint Family!

Well, here is my first, utter failure of an attempt to do this tutorial - I was working on more learning the program's function, along with the forum threads that go with them - needless to say, I need to slow down, and try, try, again! In the interest of truth, :oops: , here is the absolute first one I've done ever with PDN.

I am going to work on the second one, and will post asap. Thanks to so many here who are kind and awesome!

ballofconfusionbz1.jpg

"Listen, or Your Tongue Will Make You Deaf" 

Native American Proverb

SIGCOMPLETED072313SPACEAGE-150pxby500pxp

How do I lower opacity?

Go to the layers toolbar, which should be in a the bottom right corner of your screen.click on the layer you want to lower opacity on, then click the button in the very bottom right corner. Alternately, you can press F4. Once there there's a slider that says opacity on the left. Slide it till you get the opacity you want.

Kamala: Welcome to the forums! Make sure your using the :EllipseSelectTool: tool, not the :EllipseTool: It's making your shadows not show up and the ball looks more 2D then it should. I had the same problem when I first joined :P

Thanks, Sharp,

I am working on the second one - and am playing Innagoddadavida, (Iron Butterfly), as my "ambient" music, :lol:

I appreciate the tips and encouragment.

"Listen, or Your Tongue Will Make You Deaf" 

Native American Proverb

SIGCOMPLETED072313SPACEAGE-150pxby500pxp

• 2 weeks later...

30uvjv7.jpg

You lost me :( I just read your response about changing the transparency level...but I lost you in how to make it a shadow :( Where else did I go wrong?

You lost me at stage 8. I did exactly what you said to do.

24ayjwl.jpg

I got to here.

But when I tried the radial gradient this happened.

I have no idea how. an you try and explain step 8 again?

inv9kx.jpg

I just wanted to thank you for this tutorial. I'm new to this program, and I see great potential for it. This was the first thing I've tried and actually pulled off. You are all wounderful.

m_74eda303a3414931a051de823b8ae6f4.jpg

~Apollyon

"I niether fear nor spurn"

I just wanted to thank you for this tutorial. I'm new to this program, and I see great potential for it. This was the first thing I've tried and actually pulled off. You are all wounderful.

m_74eda303a3414931a051de823b8ae6f4.jpg

~Apollyon

"I niether fear nor spurn"

Your welcome :D PDN is pretty great, with a little extra effort and some plugins, you can do almost everything you can do in photoshop. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am New to Paint.Net and the forum, so what better way to introduce myself than with my own attempt. This is my first attempt and I am pleased with it. But, next time I try I will get the black and white outlines better.

GlassBall.jpg

[EDIT]

Was having so much fun did another. I think this one turned out better.

Rod.jpg

I am New to Paint.Net and the forum, so what better way to introduce myself than with my own attempt. This is my first attempt and I am pleased with it. But, next time I try I will get the black and white outlines better.

[EDIT]

Was having so much fun did another. I think this one turned out better.

That second one looks, great, nice take on the tut :)