How to Install Plugins ×

Tile Fill Addin

dan9298

MODERATORS NOTE:  This effect is incompatible with Paint.NET 4.x.

Please use 'Fill From Clipboard' as an alternative.

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113220-boltbaits-plugin-pack-for-pdn-v41-and-beyond-updated-september-22-2018/

tfc.jpg

This addin fills the current image with a tiled version of another image.

Just copy an image to the clipboard, create a new image that is larger than the first, and run the addin.

For example, start with something like this:

Swirl.jpg

And the tiled version could look like this:

swirlPattern.jpg

It can be useful for creating textures, or patterned backgrounds.

The addin is attached to this post, and the source code is available here:

http://dan9298.blogspot.com/2008/11/tile-fill-addin.html

:RightArrowBlue:TileFillFromClipboard.zip

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Upvote 1

Its like seamless texture marker except if you dont have 1 big picture to "texturise" :P

It could be pretty useful, Thanks dan9298!

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

HOLY time saver, dan9298!

Making various roof tile patterns and this will SO come in handy from here on out (Beats the zoom tiling trick by a LONG shot for delicate lines!)

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I hate to ask but, *cry* where is the addon in paint.net? I cannot find it. :(  TYIA!

It is located under the Fill submenu in 3.5.11, unfortunately it is not yet compatible with the current 4.0 beta build 5268.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 5 weeks later...

It is located under the Fill submenu in 3.5.11, unfortunately it is not yet compatible with the current 4.0 beta build 5268.

I can't find it under the fill submenu.

BTW I'm using version 3.510.4297.28970 (to the last decimal in the properties file).

I can't find it under the fill submenu.

BTW I'm using version 3.510.4297.28970 (to the last decimal in the properties file).

Never mind. I figured it out by watching a video. But my new problem is that I want to only fill a certain area, not the whole screen. What I was looking for is like the fill tool, but with pictures instead of colors

you might like this plugin : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/28556-fill-from-file-fill-from-clipboard-for-3511-updated-june-22-2014/

there is also the ability to tile with the rotate/zoom feature. see here : http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/RotateZoom.html

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

• 1 year later...

Images restored. Thank you to @ReMake

Here's a copy of the source code that's compatible with paint.net v4.0.7+ (when paint.net started using .NET 4.6). I've made some minor changes to the code so that it will compile, and so that it won't crash. No other changes were made.

TileFillFromClipboard_Source.zip

This is only meant for educational purposes, so I won't provide a built DLL file. If you want a proper tiling plugin, use the one(s) Boltbait created.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Images aren't showing for me?

:roll: Imageshack. Fixed. For now...

Yup. Showing up for me on Firefox. What browser are you using? Tried refreshing (F5)?

Still not showing for me - tested with Firefox, Edge and chrome.

All I see is the text "swirlqj5.jpg". Perhaps Imageshack doesn't like the U.K.? :/

No big deal for me as rest of forum is fine... but I guess most images are hosted on PB or Imgur.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Now I have the first showing and the others not showing. I'll host them elsewhere later today.

They're showing up in the first post for me on my home system. How strange.

Let's try linking to the images on the page ReMake linked to....

• Upvote 2