How to Install Plugins ×

Radius Corners - Plugin for rounding the corners of an image

dan9298

MODERATORS NOTE:  this plugin has been superseded by a newer version:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/31574-radius-corners-v15-sept-10-2016/

I did not see any plugins for rounding the corners of an image (like below), so I decided to create one. The effect DLL is attached to this post. The plugin requires the .NET framework 3.5, so you will have to install it, if you do not already have it. The source code, and additional information is available here:

http://dan9298.blogs...r-rounding.html.

rfcuibn5.jpg

normalsnorkelfinsmask3oe4.jpg

RadiusFillCorners.zip

Very well done! Many requests can be easily answered with this plugin.

The plugin requires the .NET framework 3.5, so you will have to install it, if you do not already have it.
When the next iteration of Paint.NET is released, 3.50, it will brandish the .NET F/work 3.5 SP1, requiring everybody to have it installed, so you won't have to worry about that too much.

It's great, but the "Fill" submenu you created only has one effect...And personnaly I find a submenu good when there are at least 4 effects inside. Because if not we would have like 20 submenus with 2 plugins in each ^^ (that's my point of view, you could place it in Stylize, for example)

Oh, and I got something really weird when I tried to put 400 radius :shock:

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback!

Aethec - I agree that a submenu does not make much sense unless it contains multiple items. I originally decided to create the submenu because I have ideas for a few more effects that will fit well in this category (but it’s hard to say if I will ever get around to creating them).

About the 400 radius, you will definitely get some strange results if the radius if is greater than the midpoint of the height or width of the image (the code was not designed or intended for this). Perhaps it would be better to limit the radius in the code.

I will think things over and try to post an update in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

I just modified the attachment above to an updated version, that prevents you from using a radius that is larger than what will yield good results on the current image.

If you are interested in further details, or want source code, they are available here:

http://dan9298.blogspot.com/2008/11/radius-fill-corners-update.html

• 1 month later...

AWESOME PLUGIN DAN!!! WOW! This thing just saved me an hour of time! I used to median blur and do all that jazz.. but this thing just helped me round the corners of some text that used to take forever! Great job! Many many thanks!

AWESOME PLUGIN DAN!!! WOW! This thing just saved me an hour of time! I used to median blur and do all that jazz.. but this thing just helped me round the corners of some text that used to take forever! Great job! Many many thanks!
Seriously bro this is going to help a lot, I just found it in one of my monthly plugin downloading hunts! :)

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

On another note, if you are just looking to create a rounded rectangle, Curtis' effect does so here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22521

---

A suggestion for the OP would be to add anti aliasing, this is used in most rendering plugins here.

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback. Somehow I had missed Curtis' Rounded Rectangle plugin, otherwise I probably would not have taken the time to create this one. However, I think it's nice to have choices.

Anti aliasing is a great idea, and I will look to see what it would take add it.

• 4 weeks later...

It just errors for me:-

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\RadiusFillCorners.dll

Effect Name: RadiusFillCorners.EffectPlugin

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

at RadiusFillCorners.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassb.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
On 11/9/2008 at 2:20 PM, dan9298 said:

I did not see any plugins for rounding the corners of an image (like below), so I decided to create one. The effect DLL is attached to this post. The plugin requires the .NET framework 3.5, so you will have to install it, if you do not already have it. The source code, and additional information is available here:

http://dan9298.blogs...r-rounding.html.

normalsnorkelfinsmask3oe4.jpg

rfcuibn5.jpg

RadiusFillCorners.zip

I have the 'radiusFillCorners.dll' in my effects folder. I have used it before. However, I cannot find it in 'effects.' 

Is there a search available for items in 'effects?' Where can I find the 'radiusFillCorners' in 'Effects?'

Edited by pat71896

Thanks for all answers. I finally found it. Effects/stylize/radiusfillcorners

What new version? I am off to find that. I did not get a notice of an upgrade but thank for the information.

Pat