how to re-color cars

killerkiller2

i figured out how to make it shiny i had to paint it in the 2nd layer i dont know how to get the outline to go away and the car just doesnt look like i just painted my car i dont k ow what i am doing i am new

43252_6a7dec6892866ba145e89d56f5f6d400

Okay. Do everything on its own transparent layer.

So, if you draw the outline around the area

you want to fill in with new color, do that on its own layer.

Then you can Magic Wand inside the outline, switch

to a new (transparent) layer and fill in the selection.

In the Layers window remove the checkmark from the

outline layer to make it not visible.

The online Help file is a good aid towards

figuring things out with the program.

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/index.html

You can access it from Paint.NET by pressing F1.

thanks i just erased them w/ the tool too much work doing it the other way gives me an idea of what i want to do w/ her. I cant wait. thanks

43252_cfc22d33dbbe7d13344bfb2f3503338b

43252_228a8f388d5a4052281d59c2492bce8c

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

What color works best for the car. For Example, should the original car picture be white or does the outcome lookk better if it is some other color?

ufoforestsig.gif

• 3 months later...

well, in the tut the red chevy wagon is incomplete, you forgot to colour the mirrors :P

but here is my attempt

it was orriginally white with a red trim. i would like to know how to make it darker like Mayor_McSteze did

<Hi I'm Axle - I have over 1800 posts, but I still don't know about Rule #29>

MADE SOME MORE VARIANTS: here they are ;)

bikni.th.pngimpalat.th.png

This tutorial was posted on 02 November 2008 - 06:42 AM

Are you saying that the youtube tutorial predates this?

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Below are a couple of other methods of re-coloring your car (or whatever you may be working on).

The tutorial remains mostly the same except we won't be using "Color Dodge" or "Color Burn"

1.) Below you will see that I have created the color layer as described previously. Note that the metal trimmings and tires and such are not being affected:

recolorcar1.png

This is the point where we will modify the process

2.) Select the color layer from the "Layers" pane (if you're not already on that layer)

3.) Select the "Magic Wand" from the "Tools" pane (I am using default settings)

4a.) Next click on a portion of the painted layer on the canvas Note that in the picture below there are actually 2 separate colored areas

recolorcar2.png

4b.) If you have multiple areas similar to this, while still using the "Magic Wand", Hold the "Ctrl" key and click on the other portions not yet selected

recolorcar3.png

5.) Now with each of your separate colored areas selected, go back to the "Layers" pane and remove the check-mark from this layer so it is hidden.

This should automatically put the focus on the bottom layer and the same portions of the canvas that were selected from the color layer should be selected on our background layer

recolorcar4.png

6.) With our area selected we may now use 1 of 2 different methods:

a.) Go to the menus and "Hue/Saturation" as shown:

recolorcar5.png

Adjusting the sliders on the resulting dialogue box will give us a couple results:

recolorcar6.png

recolorcar7.png

If you are dissatisfied with any of the results that you may obtain using this method, then instead try this:

b.) Go to the menus and select "Grayscale on Colored Paper":

recolorcar8.png

From the resulting dialogue box, select a color from the color wheel and adjust the sliders to your liking:

recolorcar9.png

I hope you find these methods useful as well.