Make some Gold Text!

LFC4EVER

Thank you so much for the link! :D is it possible to make gold text with transparent background - without a black frame around the letters? i need it for a sandy-colored website, black is a bit dominant

If by the black frame, you mean the black shadow, then just dont do the drop shadow step, and dont add the background. You should have clean gold text on a transparent background.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

• 4 months later...

This newbie had such a hard time until I put it down and stepped away for a bit. The alpha masks are what done me in but I got it. Learned how to do alpha masks somewhat but I need more practice to get it down pat.

LFC4EVER...your work is amazing as are all the others I see here. I want to thank you for this opportunity to try something different. It made my day. Here's my go at it. The text is...dang...I forgot the name. Anyway...it appears a bit light but I'm satisfied.

goldsiggy.png

I did have a post here. Where'd it go? Oh well...try again. I wanted to edit because I forgot to resize the image and hit the wrong button. I want to say thanks for this. It is really well thought out. So well in fact that it confused the h**l out of me. But...I got it after putting it down and taking a break. Here's mine.

goldsiggy.png

Edited by uvah

I was fooling around with something different and came up with this. Started out like the gold text tut with a cyan dual tone background. I used the Elvish Ring NFI font I found at Link. It says Tribute to

J R. R. Tolkien. Then I got this crazy idea to call up shape 3D and play with it. I found it surprisingly easy to create the ring shape but...how do I put some body (depth...thickness?) to it. Any suggestions?

tolkienring.png

Edited by uvah

Let's not derail the thread with a discussion about rings, because that is not the subject here. However, gold text and (possibly) gold rings kind of go together so try this: Quick & Easy Rings.

uvah, i'm glad you perservered with the tutorial, but although it may have been difficult, you've got a fantastic result thats looking really clean. Awesome job.

if you want to add some 3D thickness to the text, flatten the text without the drop shadow onto a transparent layer and use the trail plugin. It may work, i havent tested it though.

btw, sorry for the late reply. :/

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

this job looks really great, but the link of the plugin deos not work !!!

I know there is long time for this post, but I am new in the forum, with paint net and in drawing, so if any one can help me please !!!

I want just the plugin wich are in this post !

And... i see you have an awesome text "illuminator", with extrusion, 3deffect, how can you do this ? please

Thank you

Iskander71

Edited by iskander71

I've updated the links in the original post (the extra link to the tutorial for alpha mask is broken though).

For future reference, there is a list of plugins here on the forum. Check out the link in my signature.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Images rehosted to remove the toxic Photobucket.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent results @welshblue   @butterfly8000  and @Seerose

Here is my attempt.   I tinkered with a few things.

goldtext.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Seerose said:

:trophy: You have some really awesome designs. Thank you so much. :coffee: :cake:

Thank you, Seerose!   <3     You're no slouch yourself!   :P

• Like 1