How we can make Paint.net better and better

billyea

Gradient fill = Confirmed

Background Patterns = Nope, but possible. Don't think it'll be implemented though, too specific.

Translucent background:

Put your picture on the 'Background' layer then create a new layer on top and mess around with the 'Opacity' of it.

I am a programmer, I can create code. That's not to say 'fkjkslgdajgsfsgaafghg' will work in the compiler.

Are gradients confirmed?

The Roadmap says:

This list of possible features includes (but is not limited to) gradients...

Now, there are basic patterns available with which you can fill. There is a drop-down marked "Fill Style" on the top row of the toolbar. Changing that will fill or paint with that pattern.

As for gradients, until one of the devs unequivocally confirms them, I'll be making a tutorial on how to create them with the current version of Paint.NET. Look for it late next week.

Dan

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Gradients, unfortunately, will not be making it into the v2.2 release. We've got a ton of other cool features that we're adding, and others that we're refining, but we just have to draw the line somewhere and finish the thing someday so that you guys can actually get to use it!

But don't worry, we haven't forgotten about gradients, they will be there eventually.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hey, there's no rush. I'd rather have one new, well thought out and well-executed feature than ten hurried features rushed in at the last second because the masses demand it.

Take your time and ensure each new feature is easily usable and intuitive, and I'll be happy as a clam. (Though I'm not sure how happy clams really are. But I digress...)

Think of it this way -- If you did include gradients in v2.2, then my gradient tutorial would be a complete waste of time come next month!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype