Aurora Effect (by request)

david.atwell

you know, its almost like....the vista aurora wallpaper!!!

http://www.vistaultimate.com/vista-wall ... lpaper.jpg

Psst...that's what it's supposed to be :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Yes Cris Zeldahh.it: Resize your Avatar and Sig!

And read the rules:

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3446

Resize my avatar?

how many pixel must be large?

Thanks for compliment on the wallpaper.

I love work in paint.net

I often visit this forum but I'm Italian and I very rarely post message.

but I mean to change the things!

(google translator)

I'm Italian! speak English slooooowly!!! XDDD

firmaom3.jpg

Very nice! I like the colors.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

• 2 weeks later...
(img)

That looks great! Good job!

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry if this topic is too old but I really want to talk more about this.

I was trying to find an easier way to anti-aliasing than MadJik's solution; and blooper101's and/or Ash's didn't work for me (seriously Ash, have you even tried?). I wonder if Cris can tell how he made his picture.

I found an pretty ok way to do this after 30 minutes looking everywhere and trying every (kinda blurring) plugin. The only one that worked was the motion blur. If you're interested in how it works, tell me.

This is the ad I made for my class with that simple technique (the background)

2107532204_a4dbd3025d_t.jpg

[Click to enlarge]

Still, Cris, can you tell us how you made yours?

2119682478_bde0f9f7cb_o.png

2116770124_857fc9b891_o.gif

• 1 month later...

I really loved to try this, thank you David! But actually I am not very satisfied with my result, do not know where I am doing wrong (if dragging the shades in the corners not enough or too much) but here is my try anyway:

auroraeffect.jpg

Madjik work is astonishing as usual and Oma: only an artist's eye can see mountains where others see just smooth slopes :D

I really loved to try this, thank you David! But actually I am not very satisfied with my result, do not know where I am doing wrong (if dragging the shades in the corners not enough or too much) but here is my try anyway:

th_auroraeffect.jpg

I think your problem is that the gradients aren't quite transparent enough. Try dialing down the opacity a bit.

Good work, though. :-)

I think this technique is not perfect

There you can see really nice aurora http://images.google.com/images?hl=ru&c ... a=N&tab=wi

Who said it was perfect? I don't know anyone who said "perfect." It isn't trying to be perfect. Do you think you can do better? Post a tut! :-)

Making that in PDN would be nearly impossible. Anyway, this tut is Pwntriageificateifieoawesomeified!

I vote for a sticky!

Thanks. :-) I appreciate that.