Interface Orbs - Long and Image Heavy

-Expiration-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

"use the Ellipse Select tool set in subtract mode and make a small crescent selection"I could get the same results with just painting a shadow could I not?But anyway,I cant figure out how to do this.Didn't even realize there were modes for this tool.Thats what I love about tutorials,always learning something new.Ya but I don't get how this is done like it shows in the picture.

You're about to learn something very useful ;)

To subtract from a selection, first make the initial selection then hold down the ALT key while dragging out an overlapping shape with the left mouse button. When you release the mouse button the second shape will be removed from the first.

Using two elliptical selections and the subtractive mode you can create a crescent shaped selection.

This is the natural opposite of the additive mode (CTRL key), which adds successive selections together.

• Upvote 1

Awesome!LOL,as soon as I hit the post button I was like"either Ego or David will be the 1st to respond".Thanks for the very valuable info.

You can also switch modes using the "Selection Mode:" drop-down menu on the toolbar, if you prefer.

Awesome!LOL,as soon as I hit the post button I was like"either Ego or David will be the 1st to respond".Thanks for the very valuable info.

There, now you have both.  :)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.