Interface Orbs - Long and Image Heavy

-Expiration-

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks so much for the tut! It took me hours because I'm absolutely beginner, but I appreciate a lot the good tutorials: is a quick way to learn. This is my try:

post-74608-127136906021_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

Tis artists like you that share your knowledge to us that are inferior to you, that i absolutely love. i give it 11/10 :D Amazing man... Bloody amazing...

09-2217552225L.jpg

Pictures say a lot of things. Mostly just that the creator is awesome...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my go at the Interface Orb Had a bit of a problem with the picture layer probably because there's no picture there. Wanted to put the shadows top and bottom but it doesn't seem to work without a pic actually being there. I think it turned out pretty good anyway.

interface1.gif

Edited by uvah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Everyone -

I realize that this is an older thread, but I just came across the tut the other day and decided I'd give it a go.

I started with this pic in mind:

DDO.jpg

... and ended with this:

InterfaceOrb-DDO.jpg

How'd I do?

And thank you, Expiration, this tut really stretched my editing abilities.

ForumSig.png

• 4 weeks later...

Nice tut, but I got lost in step 7

7. Add a new layer, call it Base Brushed Metal. Fill your selection with black, add noise with 64 Intensity, 0 Color Saturation, and 100 Coverage.

Motion Blur this at a 0 degree angle with 50 Distance. Make sure Centered is checked.

When I add the new layer and name it 'Base Brushed Metal' and fill it with black, the whole square canvas turns black. How do you do it so that it only fills the circle and not the whole canvas like in the tut images?

Also in step 6:

6. Gaussian Blur this layer by 15. Set the Transparency to about 20% Transparent.

When he says "Set the Transparency to about 20% Transparent", does he mean "Adjustments >>> Transparency"?

Since Expiration hasn't been on since 2008, hopefully someone who understood this tut better can help? Thanks ahead of time.

How do you do it so that it only fills the circle and not the whole canvas like in the tut images?

5. Add a new layer, name it Base Bevel. You should still have the circle selected.

7...Fill your selection with black

===================================================

When he says "Set the Transparency to about 20% Transparent", does he mean "Adjustments >>> Transparency"?

Yes.

Most likely it means move the slider left to -20.

Edited by Sarkut

===================================================

Yes.

Most likely it means move the slider left to -20.

Thanks for pointing that out for me Sarkut. :)

• 4 months later...

This was a very challenging tut for me. It was very well written and illustrated so even as a beginner, I was able to follow it okay. I had some problems getting the reflections at the right intensity and position. Any pointers to improve the image are welcome.

th_interfaceorbupload.pngThanks for this tut.

• 3 weeks later...

This Tut is absolutely AMAZING!!

I am struggling to get the red out of the edge of the butterfly. Any tips??

Like it??

post-84549-131216189174_thumb.png

Edited by Chella9300

Bob, Venicet & Chella, lovely! Chella, you could try Grim Colour Reaper. Select the red first with the colour picker.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Bob, Venicet & Chella, lovely! Chella, you could try Grim Colour Reaper. Select the red first with the colour picker.

It Works!! Thanx barbieq25. Oh and i also love your jewel tut, though its a bit too big for this post.

Hey, glad to hear it. I know what it is like when you first start out...you need to post the image in the thread with the tute anyway. There is a thread that tells you how to use your images in posts. It's late here but you could search for it. Then you can just post up the thumbnails.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Hey, glad to hear it. I know what it is like when you first start out...you need to post the image in the thread with the tute anyway. There is a thread that tells you how to use your images in posts. It's late here but you could search for it. Then you can just post up the thumbnails.

Ok I'll try searching for it.

• 2 months later...