1. can it be done in color?

2. can it be applied to one area?

Thanks! Gotta love us newbies :lol: !!

The effect with paneling that Topezia did:

1. can it be done in color?

2. can it be applied to one area?

Thanks! Gotta love us newbies :lol: !!

I'm not a newby, but I don't know what Topezia did as well. :P

May be I have no idea of what I did either!

It was not a panelling effect, I followed the tutorial in the first part, then as far as what I wanted to try was to reach a "snow like" effect I added the following effects:

1 - stars: probability 9054 intensity 89865 saturation 0 (primary color: white ,secondary: black)

2 - symmetric nearest blur: with radius set at 1

3 - motion blur: angle - 76,61 distance 2

then i set the layers blending mode to additive and followed the rest of the tutorial

hope I was helpful, Zar Nicholas,

Do not crucify me please :wink:

Actually that is gonna help--I'm learning and that looked cool. I'm gonna fool around and see what I get. If its good--I'll post it! :lol:

looks a little bit like snow althought maybe you can slow it down a bit. and if that much snow was falling at that rate. there would be little tiny mounds of it at the base of the rocks.

Oh yess and the leaves would definetly not be on those trees. LOL!

those things would make it a bit more realistic, from the desk of OMA as she watches out her office window at the snow falling.

@topezia: to me it doesn't look that much like snow falling.
looks a little bit like snow althought maybe you can slow it down a bit. and if that much snow was falling at that rate. there would be little tiny mounds of it at the base of the rocks.

those things would make it a bit more realistic, from the desk of OMA as she watches out her office window at the snow falling.

Thank you both for your comments/suggestions, but any hints on how to make the little mounds of snow at rocks' base? (tried with select/magic wand the area where apply the mounds and paint bucket white but it looks very rough).

I've adjusted the snow effect also, using splinters and slowed again frame delay, and it looks nicer now but I shall wait until I got something acceptable.

x Oma: Brrrrrrr! :wink:

Oma I forgot to ask: how did you do the transparent ball of your avatar? It looks great! Is there a tutorial somewhere? If so I could not find it.

Many thanks

Oma I forgot to ask: how did you do the transparent ball of your avatar? It looks great! Is there a tutorial somewhere? If so I could not find it.

Many thanks

Don't go off topic like that.

If you want to ask, Just PM Oma.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Many thanks

Don't go off topic like that.

If you want to ask, Just PM Oma.

Ok Ash, Sorry, I will

Hello there, is it possible to change to snow?..I hope u dun mind teaching me ^^...Thx ya...Really appreciate it :D

I actually don't know how to make a animated snowing image. Sorry.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

You'll want to skip the motion blur step. Instead, hit Ctrl+Shift+Z and zoom in quite a bit, until the noise is moderately large.

Also, skip the Curves step. Instead, go into Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast and make the noise white.

See if that helps. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You'll want to skip the motion blur step. Instead, hit Ctrl+Shift+Z and zoom in quite a bit, until the noise is moderately large.

Also, skip the Curves step. Instead, go into Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast and make the noise white.

See if that helps. :-)

[iThank you! I had the same problem and made quite a miserable snow effect, and did not know where to bump my head until you made me see the light! (not in an eon I would have ever thought about resizing snow flakes with rotate/zoom! :lol: [/i]

[iThank you! I had the same problem and made quite a miserable snow effect, and did not know where to bump my head until you made me see the light! (not in an eon I would have ever thought about resizing snow flakes with rotate/zoom! :lol: [/i]

Glad to help!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@topezia: I'd like to see the result when you finish. :wink:

If and when I'll be finished (if the result is acceptable by an (under the...) average newbie standard) :lol: I will post it here

Ciao

@topezia: I'd like to see the result when you finish. :wink:

If and when I'll be finished (if the result is acceptable by an (under the...) average newbie standard) :lol: I will post it here

Ciao

good luck. :mrgreen:

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I dont get step 13. "Now copy the bottom layer and make it and image by it self. Do the same thing with the other two layers." how do u do that? :| :?:

I guess I should have made that step a little more simple for beginners.

When you have those three layers you should go to the very bottom layer. Click control A to select the whole layer. Then control C to copy the layer. Then click control + Alt + V to make the layer and image itself. Save the image as a GIF. Do the same thing with the other two layers. :wink:

wow! awesome tutorial! here's my go at it...

rain.gif

asterisk.jpg

****************************************************************************************************

I'm TOO addicted to Paint.NET..... Asterisks are addicting too!!! :P

I guess I should have made that step a little more simple for beginners.

When you have those three layers you should go to the very bottom layer. Click control A to select the whole layer. Then control C to copy the layer. Then click control + Alt + V to make the layer and image itself. Save the image as a GIF. Do the same thing with the other two layers. :wink:

Actually, for this newbie this was a DUH! moment :wink: . If you just take a second and really look at the screen shots and/or the paint.net screen you can figure out most of this!! :lol:

@tsarnikolas2: I guess you're right. I did make this tut pretty simple.