New & Improved 3D Text/Logo Tutorial!

jake2k

Ack! Jaggy edges! Run! :o :lol:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Hmm ... I don't really like feather for Anti-Aliasing (sorry BoltBait, the rest of your plugins are superb though!). I much prefer Basic Antialias since feather usually produces this wierd halo around it. :o

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Hmm ... I don't really like feather for Anti-Aliasing (sorry BoltBait, the rest of your plugins are superb though!). I much prefer Basic Antialias since feather usually produces this wierd halo around it. :o

I've tested AA, Basic AA, Feather side by side.

Feather makes the best looking smooth edges.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Well, it kind of depends on the angle of the edge being anti-aliased.

Anyways, I'm going to stop hi-jacking your thread with debates about antialiasing plugins, Jake2k. :D

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

• 3 weeks later...

This tut lacks. Try telling us the "NOOBS" what type of effects are u using before starting to explain things like "Feather blur". Provide some links. I'm doing it all but can't get the image to shine. HELP!

This tuts fine "4 real" I'm sure if you just work through it a few times you'll get it.

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Who used photoshop for their signature?

Gimp is better than Paint.net

Yet you used PDN for your avatar/sig.. why'd you sign up here, and use the program to actually make something if you like gimp..

no offense.. but gimp has the worse layout of any program.. ever.. made.

^^^^

*Sniff*

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

:lol: :wink:

Edit: My current avatar is one of my many results of this tutorial... Here it is, in case I change it at some point:

Livewrong811Avatar3Resized-1.png

Now I'm gonna go try it with the alpha mask method.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get it right. I can go up to step 4. Then step 5 comes out odd, and step 6 doesn't work at all. I've tried this many times and none of the times it ever works. Though, I used to be able to do the old tutorial.

Glitchy2008.png

Visit these >> [Blog|Site|Wiki]

• 1 month later...

So I have only just started using PDN and I have to say the help found here is awesome. So I though I would give this a go.

And here is the result. Hope you all like it. Wasn't sure how the rough edges on the skull would come out but I think it came out ok.

testiv2.jpg