Popping out of a picture.

spongey437

if your circle has close colors you can use :MagicWandTool: and select inside the circle then ctrl+I ( :InvertSelection: ) to select outside or you can use the circle selection to outline it and then ctrl+I.

siggy.png

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry, but I guess I don't get how you do the third step. I am having a hard time getting the box odd like that, or to look like it is going towards the back. What tool do I need to use?

TIA

Great tut. And ditto to the feathering suggestion, makes things look a lot better.

CardinalPopMedium.jpg

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.

- George Bernard Shaw

I have gotten to the step where you select your black box, click the second layer, invert it and delete the outside of the picture. I have done this and in my layer box it shows it correctly (picture in box, nothing outside of box), however my picture still has the entire photo with no box. Does the layer need to be refreshed?

Just another newbie from down under here with too much time on his hands :oops: Great forum

Shine on!

glassy.gif

look for the last post in popping out of a picture :D

You pmed me that... What'S the matter?

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan