Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadJik

Power Reactor? (Stuff with hexagrid...)

114 posts in this topic

Very interesting tut to play around with, look what I made, it kinda looks like a color hole (instead of a black hole xD)

th_Abstractsomethingwallpaper.png

True epic. Thats what I call it, and I will make mines manually and make it a different color background for my next sigs.

This is a sweet tutorial! However, I got to the part where you were supposed to flip it horizontally, I did it, but it flipped both layers, so nothing really happened. I couldn't figure out how to make just one layer flip, so I took what I had and put some other effects on there...

HexaSwirlnumber2.png

Personally I love it. :P

I followed all the steps to a T, then used a Gaussian Blur at 1, then used Color Flip/Rotate. Final result is as posted.

33155_c0dd686a4b859798ac78a5e50308c053

This is a sweet tutorial! However, I got to the part where you were supposed to flip it horizontally, I did it, but it flipped both layers, so nothing really happened. I couldn't figure out how to make just one layer flip, so I took what I had and put some other effects on there...

HexaSwirlnumber2.png

Personally I love it. :P

If you want to flip a layer press Ctrl+Shift+Z. It is under layer -> rotate/zoom. You can adjust the angle to 180.

aah, i remember when it first came out. i didnt have my account then,

but i remember seeing this and being in shock and awe of this tutorial.

this is still as cool as it was in 07.

I really got a kick from this tut... and really liked the ideas from david.atwell and loaka, it made me do another try using my green one that I already posted. Here are the end effects...

psycodelica4b.jpg

I also added a slight glow effect and if I remember right a slight lins effect as well.

Jude, who digs mind blowing colors

I would love to know how you made that!!!

The creator's looks like the Honey Nut Cheerio factory...

Hi...I'm another newbie and this is my first go-round using the tut Power Reactor.

ren20981108.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us <br><br>I used several different plugins for this one. Bulge, blurs, twist. Just whatever came to mind. I plan on doing more as I get more of a feel for it.<br><br><br><br>

Edited by uvah

Uvah, I like that! It looks smooth; I wanna touch it. Hehe, these hexagonal grids are fun. Here's my go at it:

Hex.jpg

Get rad, man!

Holy%20Reactor.jpg

Is my attempt (click to enlarge). I call it "Holy Reactor". What a brilliant tutorial, because you can apply other creative steps to make it more awesome.

I give you 10/10 .

Edited by Musiphonix

Removed white, polar inverted, duplicate layer and set to difference.

Rendered flames on bottom layer, flattened the two and ended up with a Goth Church Window.

Great tut. - this could potentially have an unlimited number of uses!

I absolutely loved this tut! I tried to get the sliders to go green, but they hate me. So I just put green in the layer under it, and made a few changes.

| |

| | Check below for my resulting sig...

| |

\ /

\ /

\ /

You should try and make a beehive with this effect. I think it'd work well, and by the way, great tutorial!