Using New Fonts For Paint.NET

HITMAN-X-

anouther font site is dafont.com

and i dont know if this works for anyone else but for simplicity since when i get fonts i get a lot i save it to desktop, where i have a copy of my fonts folder, and just drag and drop after i have unzipped the font file. it installs like that, not much simplier but for those who didnt understand the first way, or use massive amounts of fonts that might be a bit easier.

Doesn't let me use it on my new computer. Stupid hard disk crash >_>

Sig-1.png

• 3 weeks later...

TemderCrisp, where did you get that GTA font?

DAKIDDPAPOSIG-2.jpg

"Today you'll be here, The next day you might not. So live life to the fullest and appreciate what you got"

Forget it. I found it already. It's called "Pricedown".

DAKIDDPAPOSIG-2.jpg

"Today you'll be here, The next day you might not. So live life to the fullest and appreciate what you got"

Do you need to wait for the font to get in PDN because I just downloaded a font right now and it's not in PDN but the other fonts I downloaded are in PDN

DAKIDDPAPOSIG-2.jpg

Though I've downloaded the font, closed other apllications that use fonts and close the dont folderI still can't download the font on PDN. Though I can still acess the dfont on Word and Paint. What should I do?

Check if it's a TrueType or an OpenType font.

Yes this is boring.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Ok now when installing using the font wizard find out the fonts real name and not the filename. It will also tell you if it TrueType or not. As show in Step 3. Then open Paint.NET and look for that name and not the file name.

I dont understand. I follwed the tutorial but i think im stuck on the last part of step 3. what do i do when my font shows up i click ok. i did that but i still dont see it. :(

After installation was complete, did you restart Paint.NET?

Also, it was a .ttf (True-Type Font) file, correct? Paint.NET only recognizes TTF fonts.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Basically, all you have to do is close the application and launch it again.

Paint.NET reads the list of installed fonts at startup. If you add a font after it Paint.NET has read the list, the font won't show up in the fonts list until Paint.NET reads the list again, which won't be until the next startup.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah...this tutorial doesn't work.

I've been trying for the past 15 minutes or so and I still can't install my tff font. I click "copy" but when I open up the Install Font thing, nothing is there.

Latino.

Were did you copy your file to ?

As said in the tutorial you must copy your font to a folder that you can find using the install new font wizard. Eg: your root drive.

The same way you copy any file in Windows. Right click the font file (The .ttf file) and then click copy. You then go to my computer and then into your Root drive (Hard Drive with Windows on it). You can make a new folder in the root and paste your font in that folder or you can just paste your font right into the root drive (Folder would be best). You paste a file in Windows by right clicking a blank area of the window and then clicking on Paste. Once the font has been pasted go through step 3.

Be sure to read the steps slow to make sure you understand :wink:. Also sorry if the late post but I am not at home and wont be home on my computer and internet till the 9th as this is the long weekend for thanksgiving.

Nice tutorial.

This is what I do:

1. Download font

2. Extract to desktop

3. Open Control Panel

4. Open Manage fonts folder

5. Drag the new font file into the folder.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y