Using New Fonts For Paint.NET

HITMAN-X-

I keep seeing people asking how they get new fonts and how they would use them in Paint.NET. So I made this tutorial to help them people out.

View Tutorial: https://www.dextut.com/tutorials/win10/fonts/

Alternative Tutorial: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-a-font-b7c5f17c-4426-4b53-967f-455339c564c1

Edited by toe_head2001

Nice tutorial.

Just remember, as Rick stated in another post, Paint.NET supports TrueType fonts, not OpenFont fonts.

So, if you know of a good source of FREE True Type fonts, post links here...

Thank you for pinning this up BoltBait. Yes I understand what you mean. What about PostScript fonts ?

Anyway when you download your fonts they should be .ttf files. I belive .ttf fonts are True Type.

Aaaaaand, after a very thorough search, there are - count them - ZERO non-trial programs that can convert OpenType to TrueType. -.-

Aaaaaand, after a very thorough search, there are - count them - ZERO non-trial programs that can convert OpenType to TrueType. -.-

Well, there's FontForge, but that's Linux only.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Thanks for the tutorial,

How do you know if the font your trying to install is the type that works with PDN? is there an extension to look for?

As the tutorial siads in the description "TrueType fonts are .ttf font files". Also when your adding fonts to the Add Fonts window it tells you if they are TrueType or not. Look at Step 3, the 3rd image.

I happy this tutorial has been a help to you :wink:. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :).

Thanks! I got 3 of my fonts there, but I forgot the name of it.

@Sezynena170: You can also drag and drop a font into the fonts folder (if it isn't in a compressed folder).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

• 2 weeks later...

anouther font site is dafont.com

and i dont know if this works for anyone else but for simplicity since when i get fonts i get a lot i save it to desktop, where i have a copy of my fonts folder, and just drag and drop after i have unzipped the font file. it installs like that, not much simplier but for those who didnt understand the first way, or use massive amounts of fonts that might be a bit easier.

“What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombreroâ€

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a truetype font called LetteroMatic that refuses to work for Paint.net. I've followed the tutorial. I'm using the latest version of Paint.Net. I'm tired of having to switch to gimp to finish my comic.

Feel free to heckle me at my LiveJournal.

Girls_Banner_468x60.png

I downloaded it to give it a try.

The preview doesn't work, but the font works fine. Just click on the blank space where Letter O Matic should be.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 4 weeks later...

Per my other thread about a similar subject that was locked:

I was not seeing some of the fonts I had installed, even though I could see them in Word...

I restarted the app (paint.net) and still couldn't see them... though I am now seeing them, I think this was after a restart...

Sturmrabe the tutorial tells you the type of fonts to use for Paint.NET and that you need to close out all programs that use fonts so that the new font can be seen.

DaFont.com is the best Windows/Mac font site out there. But if you don't like that then try 1001Fonts.com.

Check these out:

sozo.png[/img]