Myrddin

How to Use Images in Your Posts, Signatures, and Avatars

172 posts in this topic

I am new and i am trying to upload a sig.,on photobucket it already has the (img)(img) thing so how do i add my image? :?:
From what I can see in your signature block, you have two instances of tags, where you only need one set for each image.

Don't forget, if you use Photobucket's image code, complete with tags, you don't need to add them yourself. If however, you choose to use the Direct code (no tags) then you will have to add your own. Very simply put, if it already has tags, there is no need to add them again.

i went to imageshack and i clicked browse found the file and named it background.jpg and it says bad file...i can;t seem to get past this =(

You should not be naming anything. Once you have found the file via Browse, you click the button labelled 'host it!'. You will then be presented by a list of coding options once the upload has completed.

Hey guys im a bit of a noob. Just wanna see if my sig turned out right. :?:

RainBowMasoN.jpg

Can I suggest including tinypic? It may be the same company as Photobucket, but it does not require registration.

Can I suggest including tinypic? It may be the same company as Photobucket, but it does not require registration.

Hmmm..,I checked tinypic out and it does seem to be a part of Photobucket, but I don't know why though. :? This is what it says at the bottom of their site:

"TinyPic™ owned and operated by Photobucket.com, a free Image and Video Hosting company."

Why would Photobucket form a separate image hosting site apart from the one they have now? Simply because you don't have to register?......hmmm, there has to be another reason why. Anyhow, I personally use Photobucket already with no problems whatsoever as well as MediaFire for all my file hosting. 8)

thanks i did try to search but maybe i am not to good at forums i guess :D

here is my antiqued pic from a tut not exact as they made it but is like my 3rd day on this :D

CarsonMansionpic04.jpg

Please post in the correct thread.

Thanks.

This tutorial was very helpful but I'm having a little difficulty figuring out something apparently very simple for most or you.

What is the correct syntax for making a link for "My PDN Gallery" instead of the whole url string showing as you see under my sig?

I finally understand the Photobucket procedure thanks to this tut but the other one is a bit of a mystery. Thanks.

Have a bash with this:

[url=#####]TEXT[/url]

Replace '#####' with the URL of your gallery, and 'TEXT' with the text you wish the link to display as.

Thanks Myrddin. Works like a charm. Is there a place in this forum where a newbie can learn these things and I just missed it? Thanks again.

Just here. You won't find information like this in the Help files. You might find it elsewhere on the Internet. Don't worry, you haven't missed anything, this was the right place to come :).

Thanks to brad pike and simon brown. I book marked both of those sites.

They are the same, only one is hosted on the PDN forum. This page is included in a fresh download of phpBB3.

As is this.
In all my time here, I have never seen that.

*Edited into tutorial*

@Myrddin-

At last I found it and read your tut which was posted on 10 Aug 2007 (my! nearly two years ago). If my sig shows up it means I got it right else I’ll have to go at it another time.

I didn’t quite understood note No 7. I’ll read “FAQ section, found here: faq.php?mode=bbcode” and if I don’t make any progress I’ll come back to you on this topic. Thanks a lot