Make an Animated .GIF with Paint.NET

Hellfire010

thats pretty cool but i was going for the effect of the text and stars rolling on a cylinder sort of thing ;)

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Yeah, nice effect!

Question...

Is the highlight/shading over the text stationary or is it applied to the text itself? I tried to follow it with my eyes but I'm not that quick.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

It's stays with the text but since it's such a small size you can't really tell the diff. ;)

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

I have made many, but unFREEZ corrupts them when i try to put them on the internet. I now use beneton movie gif. I made this MONKEYBOY.gif

And have also made this for another forum: xcvbn.gif

Sig made by me.

Edit by Rick: Sig was too tall, so I have removed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am new to PdN (only been using it for 2 days) but am quickly becoming addicted.

Been reading through a lot of the tutorials and have used various methods to create my first animated GIF - quite simple compared to some that have been posted.

Football.gif

Hey ho, onwards and upwards.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice tutorial I made a few animated gifs but here's my best one:

deoxysplanetanimation2zi0.gif

I combined my Exploding Planet (thanks to PacerCoin for the Tutorial) with my image of Deoxys from Pokemon and the UHFREEz :D .

Thank you so much for the tutorial :D !

My first Animated Gif balltc5.gif I made the ball with MS Paint and animated it using UHFREEz.

Boo,

Morphing is one way.

using a slight blur (possibly motion blur) on your moving item could add a bit to the realism.

Here's what you need to know.

Movies (avi) are usually formatted to 24 (really 23.9) or 30 frames per second (FPS), for normal scenes, depending on the amount of detail that is needed, also depending on the target dvd player (PAL or NTSC).

For realistic motion in a gif, you would need about the same. You could probably get away with 20 FPS though, and possibly even 15 (depending on the amount of detail you require).

which means, at a minimum, you are going to need 15 images for a 1 second segment of a gif.

If you don't have that kind of time on your hands, you may need to go with a morph program of some sort. I am not really familiar with morph programs, so, I couldn't help you there, but, your kind of stuck with makeing a lot of images for a smoother look, without one.

Sage

When in doubt, Try it out.

greenandfire.png

I made this sig file using http://www.anim8or.com and making all of the textures with http://www.getpaint.net

I love freeware.

UnFREEz... Basic, Simple and very Handy.

I've always wanted to make animated GIF's.

I made my avatar using UnFREEz and it worked well. Here is my first attempt where I couldn't help myself and had to make a virus one...

virusjr7.gif

P.S. All 10 or so images were made in Paint.NET where I took no shortcuts what-so-ever.

sigeb7.png