Color and Black and White - The Pleasantville Effect

TheTh0mas

Here's my try at it.. i just used the lasso to select the colored area. added a bit odf gaussian blur to make it stand out.. Inverted the selection and adjusted it to color. So only one layer needed. It turned out ok I guess.. The image is from google. and it is refugees from Darfur

people.jpg

Hello - I am very new to this program. This is a great tutorial and I've almost got it down, but I am having one problem...

How do you get the magic wand to select more than one area or areas with different colors? I can only seem to select one area and only one color.

Thanks!

Hello - I am very new to this program. This is a great tutorial and I've almost got it down, but I am having one problem...

How do you get the magic wand to select more than one area or areas with different colors? I can only seem to select one area and only one color.

Thanks!

Ctrl + left mouse button

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Hello badkitty1.

Now, we need a little more information on what you're confused about to help. With what you said, we have no idea what stage you're up to, what troubles you have encountered, in all giving us nothing to help you with.

We are not psychics, you know ;).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just today downloaded Paint.Net. In my old software I was able to do the pleasantville effect, but a totally different way. Layers are new to me. I am trying to do it the way I am used to, and can't figure out the layers.

1. I would take the image

2. I would copy the image.

3. I would open a new folder and then paste the image.

4. I would turn the pasted image into black and white.

5. I would then recopy the image.

6. I would close the new folder and paste the black and white image over the original.

7. I would then use the eraser to erase only the parts that I wanted to be color. (The black and white would be on top and erase to the color layer below.)

I have tried the tutorial way that paint.net has with the magic wand and it is not working for my picture, b/c a lot of my pic has the same colors in it and I just want parts of it b/w.

If I could get some help with the layers, I think that if I could somehow put a b/w image layered on top of the color image, I could then erase out what I don't want.

Thank You!

ok i think i got it but my color seems off :oops: . im new with this so can someone help here is a preview of what i did i know its bad but whateva 2vjvcq1.jpg

ok i think i got it but my color seems off :oops: . im new with this so can someone help here is a preview of what i did i know its bad but whateva

Man.... Why the did u put that large picture.... Resize it bro!!!