Color and Black and White - The Pleasantville Effect

TheTh0mas

I like this tutorial....

I made this :1615413247652b0c7c42e.jpg

Is cool ... I made : Route Sign , The Cop , The Red car , The fireman's car and that little car near the sign...

Ferarri..........ferariiiii.....ferariii

This tutorial ROX!

Not only did you help me figure out how to use the magic wand but also utilizing layers.

Here's the first 2 photos I enhanced using your guidance.

Thanks again!!!!

11889_a1cc9355cc27e4886cac0a9dffb67afd

11889_4d171bd84673bdecc3d405bcf9591954

can you please help me out on step 3 and 4 i dont really get the part where iam suppose to choose the part where i want color can you please help me out ? :?

this looks like that effect on tv and in like other things. when it focuses on one character and they tell what they feel like and stuff. but it looks pretty cool on other things too :) .i havent tried it yet but i will when i get some time :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

• 3 weeks later...

i am extremely new to this, and i tried to do this but i could not make the wand highlight the whole thing. when i would copy and paste it into a new layer, it wouldnt do anything, and i made no progress with this after i tried 5 or 6 times. please help.

This is my very first time to try and use PND and i am very happy with what i did, i thought it'll be hard for me to do photo editing but look, i know this is nothing compared with your works guys but i am happy with this and now more willing to expand my knowledge... Thanks PND! :wink:

scan.jpg

cathyBabe-2.gif

Good job! & Welcome to the Paint.net (PDN) Forums! There are many tutorials and many Very skilled people who create these (Ash, Pyrochild, Wither, Madjik, TheTh0mas, Tom Jackson... to name a few and of course Rick Brewster).

This is a great place to learn new things and I appreciate all the help from these people and also the many others, not just the tutorials but also with the plug-ins.

Now back on topic.. Good luck to your future tutorials!