Sign in to follow this  
Helio

The process of Antiquing

934    0

Hello, i am brand new to graphics and i hope y'all have patiente with me. The probleme is i don't have so much patiente and lose my temper quickly, that's why i drive myself crazy when it comes to selecting fine lines and edges.

Anyway, after playing a little with transparent background and cuting images, i thought i'd try something more "serious". So here's my first attempt at antiquing. I had some trouble with the transparent radial gradient, but this what came out. Thanx for the tut, god bless.

I just saw now... is it supposed to get from 13 kB to 145 kB after modifying it?

10970_4f1e7674e0d992ce6b603a20b8b00b49

10970_31459921edc9bbb2320478a0a4846ae4

honestly, DarkShock... because i didn't know how haha :(

it wasn't coming out right for me so i gave up

but thanks!

What I did was use the rectangle selection tool, selecting the picture at the top(leaving about a 1 to 2 pixel gap, or where ever you want the fraying edges to start, ), to bottom invert the selection and then do the frosted glass effect.

Helio    2

@diana (& anybody): if you have a problem with a tutorial/how to use Paint.NET/etc, feel free to Private Message me and almost anybody on this forum who posts regularly. A good person to ask is david_atwell, who pretty much lives on helping people with PDN. :D

He and us others will most likely know how and be willing to help you out. ;)

david.atwell    280
A good person to ask is david_atwell, who pretty much lives on helping people with PDN. :D

What's sad is that I actually read and reply to a good percentage of posts on this forum. :-)

Yeah, you can ask me whatever you like. :-)

Olli    0

Very , Very , Very good tut !

==========================

Congratz with this tut !

He is very good .

im glad hes Sticky'd.

its original and just very good :wink:

i can't post the pics now , because i am on another computer.