Creating a collage using layers

Simon Brown

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've downloaded the app & tried to watch the tutorial clip but the link doesn't work for me either.

Read all the suggestions in this section, tried Google Chrome & IE8, using Control Enter etc but got msg: Page not found. The link has moved??

Pls advise! Thks so much :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The old version was a video. The new one is more like a slideshow you can click through.

I would like to point out that the tutorial isn't designed to get a specific result, but rather to introduce you to the tools you have available to you. Not all of the steps are necessary, and the order in which you do them is for the most part arbitrary.

Technicalities aside, here's the text from each step (with a little paraphrasing by yours truly):

1. Open your image

2. Select all (Edit>Select All or ctrl+A)

3. Use the "move selected pixels" tool (it's the black pointer in the tool window) to resize and/or move the image as needed.

4. Go to the Layer menu and click "Import from file." Select your second image and click open.

5. Again, move and resize the image as needed.

6. Double click on the layer in the layer window to change the layer properties if so desired. You can also access the layer properties by pressing F4 on your keyboard.

7. Deselect (Edit>Deselect or ctrl+D or esc)

8. Use Rotate/Zoom (Layer>Rotate/Zoom or ctrl+shift+z) to rotate, pan, zoom, tilt, etc. as desired.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 4 years later...
On 10/20/2008 at 1:48 PM, asian_skillz said:

Ummm, your link is broken. I couldn't get to it... Is it just me?

I can't either. Sigh.

I refreshed and was able to get through. Thanks. I'm new to this site and wandering around feeling not too smart. I appreciate your help.

Edited by SwankyDoodleSandy