Creating a collage using layers

Simon Brown

So far there have been over eight threads in GD&Q asking how to create a collage of several photos: this tutorial is intended to answer that. It also serves as a rudimentary introduction to layers. There have already been several tutorials in this area, however, I believe that the interactive tutorial medium will make understanding how to do this easier.

View tutorial

KaHuc.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's just you. The link worked just fine for me.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I just went to it, went through it, and everything. Are you behind a firewall?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I ask again, are you behind a firewall?

Here's proof that it works:

Proof.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Still works. You must be behind a firewall.

• 4 weeks later...

It does work behind a firewall. I'm behind a firewall, and it works just fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who are having trouble with the tutorial:

I don't mean to point out the obvious but, after following the link from this forum, did you click the download link on the left hand side? After that, the 'play' button is at the lower left hand side of the screen.

Hope this helps,

-madwhit

<><

@madwhit: I recently moved the tutorial to DeviantArt from free web host with very bad uptime - they posted before I made this move.

KaHuc.png

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...