Fixing White Balance Problem

georgiatech

My pictures are too blue. I think that I had the white balance set incorrectly. Under Adjustments, when I select Auto-level, it really improves the look of the pictures, but there's still too much blue. These pictures stand out from my "good" pictures in filmstrip viewer mode because of the blue. How can I remove the blue?

There is White Balance plugin in Ed Harvey plugin pack: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26244

Here is the most convenient way to use it:

1) Before opening the plugin: use color picker to spot a subject that *should be* near white or medium gray.

2) Open White Balance plugin and right click on the left color square. Color balance is corrected automatically.

Thank you very much. Turning down the blue/cyan colors gave the best results, but I'm happy knowing about the white balance plugin. I've gotten better results with Paint.net than with all my efforts with Photoshop. Although the modified picture has had it's colors corrected, when I view the picture in Thumbnail or Filmstrip mode, the small thumbnail still shows the deep blue of the original picture. How is it that after correctingthe color problem, the problem has not been corrected in the thumbnail?

Fantastic. Your suggestion made me think that that was too much work to fix a minor problem, so I right-clicked my picture and selected "Refresh Thumbnail". That did the trick. Thanks for the suggestion, though, because I never would have tried anything on my own.

... I right-clicked my picture and selected "Refresh Thumbnail". That did the trick.

Damn!

thanks for the tip! :) I always hated the wrong thumbnails and wondered how to fix it. Now I feel stupid... :oops: