Imageeditor on Vista x64

Indy

Hi,

I´ve a small annoying problem with PDN. As you know during the installation you can choose to set PDN as the default Editor for several file types. I checked all which were there but it don´t works.

Everytime I rightclick on an image(.bmp .jpg .png, I didn´t test .tga(I think this was the last one which I could choose PDN as editor for) because I don´t use it.) and choose edit the normal Microsoft Paint starts up.

Would be really nice to have this fixed. Until the next release maybe (hopefully) fix it, where to set it manually in the registry?

Thanks

1. Download this Program - FileTypesMan - and Open it

2. Look for the Extensions you want to edit

3. When you find one Double click on the 'Edit' row and change the 'Command Line' to:

"Where you installed Paint.net\PaintDotNet.exe" "%1"

(with the quotes)

So you would most likely put in:

"C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe" "%1"

(Again WITH the quotes)

If the file doesn't have an 'Edit' thingy at the bottom, make sure you've got the offending filetype highlighted, click on 'Actions' (at the top)> New Action. Then for the top two boxes type 'Edit' and for 'Command-Line' put in what I explained in Step 3.

065a8d69.png

If you do that you can put in ANY FILETYPE (although you should probably make sure it works in PDN). I hope I wasn't too confusing :?

Sry that it take me so long, I was quite busy.

I tried Ricks method first, but I already thought it would not lead to success (Sry for that Rick :)) because I was quite sure to got PDN installed correctly.

In fact it only overwrote the first Installation, not uninstalled and reinstalled.

So I tried brads method(german language file just available today, good that I was busy) but that wasn´t the complete solution because every filetype selected during installation had PDN already as editor.

But as you can see in the image, vista has categorys and in there, the old paint was still editor, I changed it and it works.

file.php?mode=view&id=3004&sid=68504ec5ae3da336294e15b9275327c8

So thanks brad for your tips, you explained just fine.

But by the way, you can double-click on the edit-row and point through the explorer to the .exe of the program. In my Opinion this is easier because you don´t have to think about the "1" at the end and the quotes.

FTM is really fast for loading 600 endings :)

1487_c77c655548f3ae718bb88ab9f508da22