Code_Ember

Optical Illusion Thread

89 posts in this topic

Floating.png

*Floating tap illusion
Here is an unusual spectacle that can be found at a water park called Aqualand in Puerto de Santa Maria, Spain.

Visitors to the park are treated to a view of this faucet that appears to be floating in mid air above a pool in to which the water is flowing.

The secret to this illusion lies in a pipe that is expertly concealed within the flow of water and

which both holds the faucet in the air and supplies the water pouring from it. 

mirror.png

*Mirror Carrying
Here's a simple illusion achieved with the use of a mirror,

this man is carrying the mirror on his shoulder with the reflective

side outward thus achieving the illusion that he has no head. 

The floating faucet is a spectacular idea LaieA_032.gifI wonder why these things never occur to me JC_thinking.gif

11 hours ago, Maximilian said:

The floating faucet is a spectacular idea LaieA_032.gifI wonder why these things never occur to me JC_thinking.gif

The idea has been around for many years, twenty at least. I first saw the same idea at a novelty shop in Prague. It was a battery operated pint glass that one could fill with beer and achieve the same effect. Only instead of a water faucet it had an Urquell Pilsner draught beer faucet. I bought one but now I don't know where it is.

<3 Dear @Maximilian! For that you have other qualities. :cake: :coffee: 

On 7/6/2017 at 0:46 PM, Djisves said:

The idea has been around for many years, twenty at least. I first saw the same idea at a novelty shop in Prague. It was a battery operated pint glass that one could fill with beer and achieve the same effect. Only instead of a water faucet it had an Urquell Pilsner draught beer faucet. I bought one but now I don't know where it is.

That's very interesting info. Thank you, Djisveshi.gif

1 hour ago, Seerose said:

<3 Dear @Maximilian! For that you have other qualities. :cake: :coffee: 

Laie_69.gif

JC_Hi-Five.gif

Impossible.png

*Impossible Columns
This Roman soldier looks a bit perplexed and its no surprise, how many columns are there exactly?

3dfloor.png

* 3d Floor Tiles
This photograph of the floor tiles in Basilica of St. John Lateran demonstrates an

optical illusion that produces a three-dimensional effect.

The actual floor tiles are completely flat however the pattern gives the impression of raised boxes. 

Impossibly.png

*Impossibly
Finally [Dec, 2004], this illusion evolves into something more interesting.

Here two ambiguous rings are ambiguously linked.

All of these illustrations are available in higher-resolution versions on request.

Readers have suggested several names or captions for it: "the interconnectedness of everything,"

"a new atomic theory," "tying mental knots," "super-colliding synchronous orbitals,"

"illusory quantum entanglement," (I like that one.) and "virtual unreality."
© 2004 by Donald Simanek.

train.png

*Train Tracks
On this picture of some train tracks there are two horizontal bars.

Which one is longer?

While the topmost one appears to be longer than the one at the bottom the

truth is they are both the same length.

This is because the image of the tracks disappearing in to the

distance leads your brain in to believing the object that is further away is larger  than the one close by. 

Blind.png

*Blind Spot Experiment

The retina is the part of the eye covered with receptors that respond to light.
A small portion of the retina where the optic nerve connects to the brain has no receptors.

An image that falls on this region will not be seen. 
Close your right eye. With your left eye, look at the "L" below. 
Slowly move your head closer or further away from the screen while looking at the" L". 
The "R" will disappear when your head is approximately 50 cm (20 in) from the screen. 
You can repeat the experiment with your right eye by looking at the "R".

Ambiguous_Art.png

*Ambiguous Art

In the 16th century, Giuseppe Arcimboldo became known for his portraits of human heads made entirely of fruits, vegetables and flowers. 
Some of his paintings of bowls of vegetables had to be inverted in order to see the bowl become a hat for the human head. 
This whimsical art form is still popular today. 
The following drawing of a frog turns into the head of a horse when the image is rotated.

Ambiguous_Art1.png

Shrinking.png

*Shrinking Phantom Cross

Now this one is an amazing illusion that can also be categorized under non-animated optical illusions. 
There are four same looking patterns and between them is a space creating a cross. 
If you just keep looking or running your eyes here and there in the image, you will feel as if the cross is continuously shrinking. 
There is no reason it will stop despite of the fact that it is just what our mind is perceiving and not real. 

zebras.png

*Zebras
The coloration of zebras makes them very conspicuous in the African plains,

but the pattern of black and white stripes makes it very hard for predators to

distinguish one individual in the middle of the herd. Do you see eight or nine zebras?

Illusory_Contours.png

*Illusory Contours
Although there are only circles with sections taken out of them, our eyes strive to see triangles. 
The sides of the triangles may appear curved when the angles of the sections do not add up to 180 degrees.

A few:

Also, Install this  :http://thepeers.com/Files/Screensavers/Matrix/-C=S&O=A.htm (the one scrnphas.zip) (turn off voice que rightaway!) Its a screensaver, from a college class use #pad numbers, , , , you'll see.

00-netaren-n-169.jpg

(edit need to expand it)

bulge-nn-169.jpg

cubez-n-b-169.jpg

Try screenphaser with these (or any images)!

Edited by cornemuse
feng shui