Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

New Sig and Picture Just Added!(first page)

The latest sig from me is the first attempt at the LJXD Style sig. Took ages to get right!

Any I ideas how I could have made it better would be appreciated.

The picture is my first use of the Equations plug-in.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 2 weeks later...

My latest project -

MistyMe.jpg

I added the grass at the bottom using TreeGen that I have just installed but it still needs something else. I can`t decide what though. It would have to suit the `misty' theme of the picture obviously. Any ideas anyone?

It really is a `mistery' to me! :mrgreen:

My latest project -

MistyMe.jpg

I added the grass at the bottom using TreeGen that I have just installed but it still needs something else. I can`t decide what though. It would have to suit the `misty' theme of the picture obviously. Any ideas anyone?

It really is a `mistery' to me! :mrgreen:

Wow. Nice job on this one, but if you want it to look more realistic darken the water a bit ;) btw Nice use of the TreeGen :mrgreen:

I`ve done as you suggested and darkened the water a touch and it definitely looks better. Thanks for the tip.

As far as adding a boat or an animal - I have had a go but until I can do the picture justice I think I will leave it for a bit. My efforts at these were not very good and would only spoil things.

Thanks for the ideas though. I rather fancy having Nessie in the pic eventually!

New pic on page one - `Lost'

I have named this one `Lost' . After all , anyone could get lost in that fog!

@Helen - added the boat you suggested. Hope you like it.

There is no shadow because I felt that it was too small to need it and also there is no sun anyway.

@jedi12 - You can see how I`ve darkened the water like you suggested. I think it makes a big difference.

Still no animals though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Sorry I`ve taken so long to reply. Had things to do .

New Image on first page - Le Crunch.

My first attempt at a realistic image. I`m quite pleased with it although the `dent' where the stalk goes could be better. I have to admit that I used a Photoshop tutorial for guidance on this one but it is not exactlythe same as I had to make an educated guess at which Photoshop effects = PDN effects.

Any tips would be welcome.

Thanks.

@ welshblue- Thought about doing waterdrops ( I`ve done them before on a leaf) but could`nt wait to get the apple posted. I`ll add some later for sure.

@ Helen - your making me hungry! :lol:

I`ve been having a few goes at stained glass windows recently. This is my first try. Only the frame is stock. Its a blank one I found searching Google Images. Its not quite finished as I need to find a suitable picture to put in the middle.

There are white bits all over the place on the frame but that`s easily sorted. I think it even adds something to the image, a used look maybe? It gives the impression that it`s old. Maybe I`m wrong , that`s just what I think.

Hope you like it so far.Any advice would be appreciated.

th_stained_glass_window.jpg

That effect does give a nice look to that stained glass.

The way it's shaded it looks like theres more going on behind the glass then just light shining through.

I know what you mean about the bits of white. It's just that some of them are a little jagged along the edges. Maybe you could straighten them up a little or better yet, feather them some.

What ever you decide, it looks good so far.

Don`t tempt me! :lol:

Your right though. It does take a bit of time and a great deal of it is very repetitive- magic wand>colour>blend,magic wand>colour>blend,magic wand>colour>blend. But I enjoy the challenge of choosing a colour that is going to look as realistic as poss and is going to blend in with the rest of the image.

Still aint finished yet!

im not allowed to eat the apple am i? it isnt plastic is it? it looks so real. awesome.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

You can eat it if you want but it won`t taste very nice! :P

Thanks for the compliment.

@ Helen , just for you - Le Red Crunch and Le Golden Delicious! :wink:

Unfortunately I havn`t perfected the water drops on these yet. I can`t seem to get a realistic looking shape or feel and I don`t want to spoil what I think is one of my best efforts.

th_LeRedCrunch.jpg th_LeGoldenDelicious.jpg