Tanel

Tanel's Photo and Color Plugins (2012-03-05)

Update posted.

Fixed compatibility of Color Mixer and Color to Alpha with PdN 3.5 beta.

Great! Thank you so much! I really missed the plugin in the 3.5 version. What did you have to do in order to fix the problem?

Tanel    7
What did you have to do in order to fix the problem?

The problem was PdN's native gradient controls which are no more available for plugins. So I had to copy that part of code from PdN into my plugin.

What did you have to do in order to fix the problem?

The problem was PdN's native gradient controls which are no more available for plugins. So I had to copy that part of code from PdN into my plugin.

Oh, I see. Very cool, well I am glad it was updated. Thanks!

I have tried to download this and it isnt working. Just the other Night I went to open up my paint.net and it ask me if I wanted to upgrade cause there was a new version, so I did and when I did something happen to my shadow/Highlight recovery. I cant find it anywhere now. SO ... Now I am trying to download ths Tanel so I can get the shadow/Highlight back.. and I click on open and tried to click on save and it doesnt do anything. I even tried to restart my Pc and it still is not showing up in my paint.net. Now what ? ? ? ?

Quoting Sarkut :

I had saw that someone else said it should now be under Effects then photos, I looked and it wasnt there, Ijust checked again there under Photos , but the Highlight/Recovery is not there . Do know by chance why ? Or How I can get it again. I actually looked under everything just to make sure. I feel like I have lost my right arm. Ha.

Quoting Patarien

I checked already under Effects > Photo and the Highlight/Shadow recovery is not there. All I did is click on yes to update my paint.net to the newer version, and now its not there. Did I do something wrong? Can anybody tell me why its not there ? I feel like I keep repeating myself, but I Promise its not there ! I just don't understand.

Sarkut    5

Iluvpaintnet:

Just remove the old plugin files and replace them with the

updated plugin files from here:

Where it says Download: tanel_pluginpack_20091102.zip

Edited by Sarkut

Sarkut :

I did try that and it didnt do anything. When I click on that link it comes up with a box that I can either click on SAVE or OPEN. I have tried to click on both of them and they do the same thing.... just pulls up a box that has some icons in it and they have the names of the plug-ins up under them like for example - Highlight/Shadow.dll

Whats that mean ? What am I suppose to do then ?

arbee    0

I've never downloaded a plug-in before. I've read the instructions and the download process seems pretty simple; however, I haven't been able to find a "download" button! Trying to download "Tanel's Color to Alpha v2.2".

Aislin    28

For an image I am doing right now, I wanted to use the Alpha blur, for some fading effect, now, a part of the selection does not blur, I do not know If I do something wrong or that there is a bug... I'll show you:

I started off with this one. a background and a woman (both on a different layer

6736346403_843dec7d3e.jpg

Now I added a new layer - copied a small selection from the background and added it on the layer on top of the woman as shown here :

6754379361_4b5482fb16.jpg

I got the rectangle select tool from around middle height till bottom of the image (to speed up) and set the alpha blur setting to 45, and next is the result of that:

6754379371_1b2efccabb.jpg

you see in the right corner it's not been blurred, even if I set the settings to 100 that part does not blur at all...

I could use the bidirectional blur, but it doesn't give the same effect. What am I doing wrong?

delpart    15

any help would be appreciated... would like to finish this image

Should have replied. I played with the image and couldn't come up with anything other than smudge and some other blurs (like surface blur in combination with Gaussian blur+ on channel selection) used selectively to created the edge in a uniform manner. Even then it had to be done in small passes and smudged together slightly. Still learning smudge so I didn't have as much control over it as I thought you might be able to gain ... Then PDN crashed on me from trying to use Alpha Blur in the mix on one of the image samples ... and of course I wasn't thinking about it so no saves ... Then I had to get back to work.

Even though I think I understand what alpha blur is supposed to do, I'm still not sure why its excluding similar areas of an image. Your's is a perfect example of my confusion with it ... May need a link to this post over in the Image Hospital thread to see if there is other methods someone might pop up with ...

Aislin    28

thanks delpart... i'll try smudge, but still... it would not be the exact outcome I was hoping for... maybe Tanel could fix this alpha blur problem?