Paint.NET v3.36 - now available!

This is mostly a servicing release to make some small improvements and to fix a few important bugs.

You can get it via the built-in updater by going to Help -> Check for Updates, or by going to the website: http://www.getpaint.net/

Enjoy!

List of changes:

* Improved: Effect rendering should be a little faster now.
    * Changed: Implemented some changes to the "Add Noise" effect that were suggested by a forum member.
    * Changed: The canvas background color is now always #c0c0c0.
    * Changed: The auto-updater should now correctly detect .NET 3.5 and newer, which will help to save bandwidth when Paint.NET v4.0 is released (it will require .NET 3.5).
    * Fixed: Paint.NET now works on a system that has the .NET 3.5 SP1 "Client Profile" installed.
    * Fixed: When zoomed in and the cursor is to the top-left of the image (negative coordinates), the ruler is now highlighted in the correct area. Fixed: The effect rendering system no longer sets the "Tag" property on the configuration dialog.
    * Fixed: Some incorrectly authored plugins would cause a crash when loading their support details (author, copyright, etc.).
    * Fixed: There was a bug in the color wheel for IndirectUI that caused it to show the wrong values at initialization.
    * Fixed: There was a performance problem for effects that used the IndirectUI color wheel control.
    * Fixed: In some rare cases, Paint.NET would crash while shutting down.
    * Fixed: When using the "Fixed Ratio" feature of the Rectangle Selection tool, it would crash if 0 was specified for both the width and height.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Effect rendering is really noticeably faster now. Thanks Brewster!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/Code_Ember/daredevil_v3.png

Code_Ember passed away on October 25, 2008. The Paint.NET forum staff and members wish his family and friends only the best in this difficult time.

Thanks but thats wierd

1: you have to go there and then click on refresh

2: it only worked in Firefox and not in IE7

3: the "Check for Updates" command doesnt find the update

But anyways, I have it now. Thanks for the update! :D

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

In the blog you mention the change was to have 75 renders per processor, not render for each vertical pixel line.

So I wonder does this have any effect on the behaviour that the 8 core Opteron setup you showed some months ago?

Less bouncy CPU utilization?

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

Yep it's a lot quicker :D ... but my Feathering seems to have gone a bit strange :roll:

Is it anything I've done ? Examples below:

feather.jpg

ps. sorry if this in the wrong place

*** Oooops. Sorted now. I was fffffick and hadn't checked for plug in updates.

BoltBait's and Ed Harvey's Effects are a great job.

Well done to all you guys for a programme as great as this :wink:

I am having the same problem but with all my mods and i love my mods :)

rr2.jpg

I'm also sorry in case I ask something which has been asked before - but I was gone on a school trip with my class and couldn't get online for a few days.

I just updated up the new version... and now also want to update the plugins I installed earlier. My question now is: can i just download the plugin packages and install them as if I didn't have them already ... and then the new pack will overwrite the old one?

Or do I have to be careful of anything or first delete the old plugins?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

My question now is: can i just download the plugin packages and install them as if I didn't have them already ... and then the new pack will overwrite the old one?
Plugin authors are very considerate in that they try to create as a little work for us as possible.

You'll be fine to install them as if new, unless explicitly stated otherwise in the plugin topic.

• 2 months later...