My plugin is not showing up, whats up wit that?

P13Darksight

Recently I have started to make Plugins for Paint.Net, I've had no trouble with my previous plugin which was an effect.But now my new plugin is going to be a File Type Plugin.Now problem the problem is that when I copy the DLL into the FileTypes folder of Paint.Net it won't show my file type, when I am prompted to choose the image I mean.

I am preety sure I am doing everything right, but I have been wrong before.

Here is my constructor code:

public WES2D():base("WES2D",FileTypeFlags.SupportsLoading | FileTypeFlags.SupportsSaving,new string[]{".wes2D"})
                        {
                        }

Then I do all the proper overrides, I havnt added in any actual code to do the loading besides creating a blank image.

Just so you know I am using Visual C# 2005 Express Edition, I am using Paint.Net v3.35.

okay I checked it out and I just copied and pasted the code into mine and made the absolute neccesarily changes

still nothing

Just in case I did infact something wrong here is all I was able to get as far as.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using PaintDotNet;
using PaintDotNet.Effects;
using PaintDotNet.Data;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Drawing.Imaging;
using System.Drawing;
namespace WES2DPlugin
{
   public class Wes2D:FileType 
   {
       public Wes2D()
           : base("WES2D", FileTypeFlags.SupportsLoading | FileTypeFlags.SupportsSaving,
            new string[] { ".wes2D" }) { }
       protected override Document OnLoad(System.IO.Stream input)
       {
           try
           {
               Bitmap b = new Bitmap(500, 500);

return Document.FromImage(;
           }
           catch
           {
               MessageBox.Show("Problem Importing File");

Bitmap b = new Bitmap(500, 500);
               return Document.FromImage(;
           }
       }
       protected override void OnSave(Document input, System.IO.Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, ProgressEventHandler callback)
       {
           RenderArgs ra = new RenderArgs(new Surface(input.Size));
           input.Render(ra);

ra.Bitmap.Save(output, ImageFormat.Bmp);
       }

}
}

by the way thank you for the quick replies I no your trying your best to help so thanks.

the template won't even open up when I choose to it in File->New Project->Visual C#->My Templates->Paint.Net FileType

it says something about import , so I am thinking it is because I am not using C# 2008

Anyway here is the error i get

The imported project "C:\Microsoft.CSharp.targets" was not found.Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exist on disk.

okay I found out what was wrong with the template..

The template was made with a 2008 edition of Visual Studio, where I have a 2005 Edition of Visual Studio, so they were incompatible, anyway I took one look at the template code and relized what I was doing wrong, I hadnt implemeted a IFileTypeFactory to my plugin, once I did that everything went smoothly.

Thanks for the help, couldn't of figured it out with out you