Partial erasure with brush tool?

MJW

I'm trying to find a method to controllably make a region more transparent. What I want is something like the Eraser, but instead of entirely erasing the area, it would just decrease the opacity, so that multiple passes would be needed to erase a region entirely. Is there a method or plugin tool that can do that?

My first idea is to copy and paste the selected region in a new layer, delete it in the original layer and then change in the second layer the value for transparency, befor flatten the image.

I find changing the opacity of the primary color changes the opacity of the eraser. Hence - several passes with the eraser to remove a color decreases its opacity with every stroke. I thought this was natural behavior. B)

• Upvote 2

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

5 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

I find changing the opacity of the primary color changes the opacity of the eraser. Hence - several passes with the eraser to remove a color decreases its opacity with every stroke. I thought this was natural behavior. B)

Many, many thanks, AndrewDavid! That's exactly what I need.