Paint.net Stuck On "Finishing".....Again

NFLowen

Okay, so I am making my Alternate Future of Europe Episode 2, and it gets stuck on finishing, (this happened maybe 4 days ago or something) then I decide to force close Paint.net with Task Manager, and I redo the map, then I save a couple more and it does the exact same thing, I don't want to lose the file, what do I do?! Here's the image. 

Capture.PNG

If it doesn't finish in a few minutes it's probably not going to. What size is your image, number of layers and what format are you saving it to?

^^ knock off the one-hour bump. That's being disrespectful. No one here is at your beck and call, we are all volunteers. Forum users offer to help you and others out of the goodness of our hearts - don't abuse that.

Back to the problem: The image size shouldn't be an issue. Its a modest size with relatively few layers. Is it always PNG that causes this issue?

One thing to try: run pdnrepair.exe. You'll find it in your paint.net installation folder.

And I only save to PNG, so I guess yeah it's only that that causes the issue, since I haven't saved in anything else besides .pdn

26 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

One thing to try: run pdnrepair.exe. You'll find it in your paint.net installation folder.

It's not there.

Capture.PNG

Edited by NFLowen

Update to paint.net 4.0.16. You can find a download link here: https://www.getpaint.net/download.html#download

Alright, I updated it, it's still not there, but maybe it was an version problem. I didn't even realize a new update was out! Thank you!

FYI - the Pdn.Repair.exe is found here:  OS (C)  :arrow-right: Program Files :arrow-right: Paint.net - then scroll down to the Pdn.Repair.exe ;).

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

hen scroll down to the Pdn.Repair.ex

Or simply type pdnrepair in the Windows Search field and start the found entry. :mrgreen:

2 minutes ago, IRON67 said:

Or simply type pdnrepair in the Windows Search field and start the found entry. :mrgreen:

18 hours ago, NFLowen said:

I don't have the pdnrepair thing, I even checked Cortana. Any help?

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Well, I wouldn't have thought that there is no search function in Windows 10. I haven't had much to do with Win10 so far, but I do not notice that it is missing. Or did not you just find the search?

On 7/11/2017 at 0:10 PM, Pixey said:

Paint

On 7/11/2017 at 0:10 PM, Pixey said:

FYI - the Pdn.Repair.exe is found here:  OS (C)  :arrow-right: Program Files :arrow-right: Paint.net - then scroll down to the Pdn.Repair.exe ;).

Thank you so much for the help, now i think it might work.

GOD PLEASE HELP ME IM BEGGING YOU PLZ PAINT.NET IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN PHOTOSHOP PLEASE HELP PLEASE PLEASE I NEED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM ;(

8 minutes ago, NFLowen said:

GOD PLEASE HELP ME IM BEGGING YOU PLZ PAINT.NET IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN PHOTOSHOP PLEASE HELP PLEASE PLEASE I NEED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM ;(

And .............. paint.net is so much cheaper :D.

OK - let's start again to try to help you.  So, you say it's stuck on 'saving' and you have already done the paint.net Repair?  Are you sure you have the required memory?

Please be patient with us, as the problem could be so many things, so we have to go bit-by-bit ;).

30b8T8B.gif

I definitely have the required memory I have 4 GB of ram, 3.86 usable. And it's not stuck on saving it's stuck on Finishing, I tried it again with a new map that I made and it did the exact same thing, so this is a total of 5 times now it's done this, also, sorry about replying so late, I didn't think anybody would help me after going away for a couple minutes. and it's stuck on Finishing, not saving.

OK - got it!  It's stuck on Finishing.  Please make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates.

Next - please try to 'save as' a smaller image to PDN instead of .png and see what happens.

30b8T8B.gif

I'll forgive you because I don't think you know how to map with paint.net, but it HAS to be 1280x720 and png. PDN works fine honestly, but I need to save it to PNG

No, I don't usually do maps :mrgreen:.  So, it's nice to know PDN is saving one way.  This will sound silly, but have you Flattened your layers before you try to save to .png?

30b8T8B.gif