How to Install Plugins ×

Tone Gradient Angle (new July '17)

Red ochre

Thanks Lynx, Red and Pixey. For anyone interested, I made the Extrude animation in a gimp plugin called G'mic. the filter I used is called "3D Extrude (animated)", it can be found under Sequences>3d Extrusion [animated]. It works well with text or a 2d object. I exported to psd with all frames and imported into PDN because it has a better gif generator than gimp. That's also where I made used this plugin.

Unfortunately this plugin won't work in Paint.NET. They do have an On-Line version you can use however.

G'mic Online: https://gmicol.greyc.fr/

Here is the interface:

ROG5146.png

• Upvote 1

69unju0.gif

Thanks for the explanation and the links D.S.

Thanks for posting the image Sasha, it highlights the textures well - the residence of Lord and Lady Bling?:D...imagine if it was chocolate under the gold foil!:)

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Interesting example D.S. - looks great btw, thanks for posting.B)

My first impression was the text was standing higher than the background texture but it could equally be incised into the texture.
Just a matter of the way we 'read' 2d images I guess. Most classical still life paintings use a top left to bottom right light source...
the same direction we read text. As your image has a horizontal light source it could be considered either right to left (raised, convex text) or left to right (concave, inward text).
Does that make any sense ...I can get carried away sometimes!:lol:

The letter 'O' is not symmetrical? - Did you use a non-centred motion blur at some point, or is that just the font?

• Upvote 2

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thank you SO much! Love your new plugin; it let me create exactly the frame I wanted:

PT89ETy.png

It makes the picture in the center look like it's on a raised mat, which is a very cool side effect!

• Upvote 4

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

Red, I just used standard text with Gaussian blur at 13. I set the Light Angle to 170 degrees.

Here is the before image: 

MCS7giz.jpg

Here's how the effect looks with less blur:

9BW3BGO.jpg

Edited by dipstick
  • Upvote 1

69unju0.gif

Applying Red's "ObjectEdge" filter to text, then running Tone-Gradient-Angle results in a nice Chiseled Text effect...

O4MbteR.png

• Upvote 3

69unju0.gif

Andrew David - cool Eiffel tower image for Bastille day yesterday. Good work, thanks for posting.:trophy:
Eli - 'Oscar' Macron?:D - clever use of the effect, thanks for posting.
D.S. - Object edge is one way to get a gradient over an object. I tend to use it twice, first with a large radius then with a smaller one to darken the sharp corners.
The techniques I described here should work.Clipwarped text tutorial

The unpublished 'EdgeShaderMJW' effect (on this thread edge shader) is also very useful. Direct download below.

EdgeShaderMJW

(MJW's version is at least 10 times faster than mine!):)

• Upvote 1

PdnForumSig2.jpg

You're probably right Red. I'm a big fan of your "Object Edge" filter, so I will go to it whenever I want to darken (or brighten) the edges of an object for whatever reason. Plus it needs to be compatible with PDN v3.5.11 since I'm running Linux and use PDN under wine. Many new filters just won't work, so I don't bother testing them....

69unju0.gif

<3 @Red ochre:trophy: Thank you soo much for this plugin.  :beer: :pizza: 

16juli17waterlily.png

16juli17sunflower.png

Edited by Seerose
typing error
  • Upvote 2

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you @dipstick for the 'ObjectEdge' suggestion!  It solved a problem I was having achieving a certain effect.  :)

@Red ochre ....yes, you definitely have to use "EdgeShader' on the text first before 'TG Angle' will work!  Thank you, again for a wonderful plugin!   :)

Your plugin and Dippy's suggestions are the solution to PS's 'hard-chisel bevel' and 'satin' double contour.  <3

tga_02.png

Edited by lynxster4
re-hosted image
  • Upvote 4

Can't afford a real Mercedes, even if I could I would only be able to have it half gold :D 
yBGEu9D.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

ZXCBOoZ.png

Seerose - Beautiful 'metallic' flowers, many thanks for posting the examples.:cake:

Lynxster - Thanks for posting the text image:cake:. I've got PS elements on my Vista machine but haven't used it for many years, I find Pdn more flexible!
I'm glad you have found a technique to get the text effect you after. If there are other text styles you can't emulate, do post an example in 'discussions'.
Between us all we should be able to get close.

Nitenurse - cool!B)  Reminds me of the Janis Joplin song. Thanks for posting.:cake:

PdnForumSig2.jpg

17juli17USA.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Seerose - Very 'craggy' rock textures. Thanks for posting.:) (I must hunt out my old Deep Purple albums):D

Oceana - I'm glad you're enjoying this one. Thanks for the compliment and for the picture. I like the textures created in the sky.B)

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...