How to Install Plugins ×

Tone Gradient Angle (new July '17)

Red ochre

Very cool B)

Thank you Red. I've been doing something like this with John Stewein's To Angle filter. This new plugin will give me more options!

One thing I did note was that the dark areas are highlighted as peaks and the white areas as valleys. Can we (pretty please) have an option to reverse this? I particularly want the white areas to be peaks as I'm using colorization in my RPG maps to determine topography (white = snow).

Great plugin @Red ochre!   I love this!   <3

Jade lettering anyone?   :)

tga_01.png

Edited by lynxster4
re-hosted image
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Cool image Lynxster - thanks for posting it!

One thing I did note was that the dark areas are highlighted as peaks and the white areas as valleys.

Have you tried:

1. The opposite angle

2. The negation blend mode.

3. Inverting the 'map' before use?

If none of those work I can P.M. you the code, so you can tweak it for your needs.

The tone gradient is what it is - I'm simply applying shading based on adding an offset angle.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I haven't d/l's it yet, so I missed the negative blend mode completely. The opposite angle might work too. Too many things to try :lol:

Thanks again.

Nice new, spanking and cool Plugin @Red ochre thank you.  I had a quick play around and it's a fantastic teture for making frames B)

BJJaeJg.png

• Upvote 4

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Another great addition to our collection @Red ochre of plugins. I think it replaces a few tutorials as well. Surprised you didn't make a reference to your fingers. Gave me a thought. B)

ebaeYVZ.png

Edited by AndrewDavid
Changed link
  • Upvote 4

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Thank you Sasha and Nitenurse... Good to see you both frequenting the forum.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with Sasha.

Dipstick - That's brilliant! B)  Your animation skills always amaze, thank you for posting it.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks Red. Here is a combination of two of your plugins. In this case I used Tone Gradient Angle to make the reflection map using clouds as source. I then overlayed the reflection map when exporting GIF, as apposed to applying Tone Gradient Angle to each frame like I did in the previous animation.

8wJqyOX.gif

8r3Qxzj.gif

• Upvote 6

69unju0.gif