"Proper" Gif Plugin

r543

Hello Community

Recently I've been working on an animated GIF again, since I had the agif and apng plugin installed, I thought I'd use that. Sadly the GIF preview wasn't available(it was in the past? might be because the image was rather small) and the GIF ended up having "random pixels" due to compression, even through each Frame used less than 256 colors, which shouldn't have happened in my view.

I've done a quick search but haven't really found an alternative GIF Plugin, while Unfreez is nice to use, doing it directly via PDN with the layers would make it much easier, without relying on a extra program(not that I have anything against Unfreez) and also allows you to set the loop amount, so I wanted to ask if there are any alternatives that create proper "uncompressed" gifs and what Plugins the Community is using.

Hi @r543 

Welcome to the forum

As you can tell by my sig I have mastered the GIF animations in paint. 

Sounds to me like you have not found the right plugins. Here is the first one I use 

This one I use to build the gif from a spritesheet.  Once the gif is exported it also allows me to look at it from within paint

Hope this helps. Any other questions - do not hesitate to ask. B)

• Upvote 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

I second Andrew's suggestions ? midora's plugin for animating gifs is the best thing in its type that you will find for PdN. Don't forget to read its Readme file attentively for instructions on how to use it.

BTW, welcome to the forum! :)

• Upvote 1

Hi r543 and welcome! I have used Midora's plugin for animated gifs and I agree it's easy to use. I prefer a free program called PhotoScape. It's easy to use and if I can figure it out anybody can. I did one gif with 380 png files. It was a bit slow with that amount but it got the job done.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
  • toe_head2001 locked this topic