Is there a plugin to bend something into a circle?

circlularthinking

I can find records of a plugin called "Rec to polar conversion" or something, but I can't find it.

The current polar inversions plugin does not seem suited to bending the likes of a panoramic photo into a circle.

To be crystal clear, what I want to do is to have something like say a bunch text bent into a circle.

The current polar inversion plugin does not seem suited to do this no matter what I try, it does not keep the text size constant.

Update:  I tried the rec to polar plugin, but it was no good.  Also, i found a plugin that works on text, but that won't actually suit my purposes (without making a custom font)

Edited by circlularthinking

Try this technique:

Basically it converts this

original.png

to this

afterPT.png

I have found that this functionality used to exist in the polar inversion plugin, but it was removed!

Can this be rectified?  Why was this plugin hobbled?

I just made that image. Are you sure you're using the correct plugin? Check the screenshot for the icon.

Edit: find it in Effects > Distort > Polar Transformation

That's what I was thinking. Also why I used a screenshot of the plugin dialog so he/she could be sure.

I posted the second comment before I read Ego's method.

It is true that for a moment I thought here was polar inversion and polar conversion were the same effect.

Thanks, now i need to change my post to the other thread.

Thanks again.