Paint.net crashes

Jumaron

Hi all today i want to work a bit with Paint.net but when i want to open it crash with this mail:

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname:    PaintDotNet.exe
  Anwendungsversion:    4.16.6315.38530
  Anwendungszeitstempel:    58f3e157
  Fehlermodulname:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fehlermodulversion:    6.1.7601.18015
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    50b8479b
  Ausnahmecode:    e0434352
  Ausnahmeoffset:    0000000000009e5d
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
  Zusatzinformation 1:    1971
  Zusatzinformation 2:    1971aa1bba6192a1daacf03f58340aba
  Zusatzinformation 3:    92f3
  Zusatzinformation 4:    92f3fe05f3498ee22413d03113452602

sorry that is German but i think that the KERNELBASE.dll is the failure can somebody pls help

To begin with please go to:  OS (C:) – Program Files – Paint.net  - then Scroll down and find “PdnRepair.exe and click on it to begin.  Hopefully it might find the problem and fix it.  If not, please report back :).

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

ohhh there is a new error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.

A pogram run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

What does this mean ? Is ist bad?

OK - The next thing to do is to check that your computer has all Microsoft current updates installed.  You also need to have Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.6,

Where did you download Paint.net from?  I hope you didn't try to download anything that has the Megalo Virus - see here

You must only download Paint.net from the proper website, which is here.

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

can you give me a short List with all things i need and i have installed Microsoft NET Framework 4,6 but i have the same error

wait i have a new Info when i use the Repair tool there comes this Fail : Attempting to repair: failed, dwResult-1618(Thats the error in the CMD the other error still here)

Edited by Jumaron

You will need to uninstall what you previously downloaded - then run your anti virus and then attempt to download again from PDN site.

30b8T8B.gif

I think there may be a problem in your Registry - this is a guess! 

Someone should come on soon to give you some more ideas.  Perhaps @EER or @BoltBait will be around soon :D.

30b8T8B.gif

The error message should not be ignored! In my opinion the Microsoft Installer ist not working correctly so you should either search for a fix for problems with the MSI or you should download the latest version from Microsoft and try to install it.

https://www.techsupportall.com/microsoft-windows-installer-error-message/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2438651/how-to-troubleshoot-windows-installer-errors

BTW: Changing the Anti Virus is the worst idea ever before you has solved other problems. Much better in case of problems by anti virus is to disable the AV temporarily.

2 hours ago, Jumaron said:

Attempting to repair: failed, dwResult-1618

1618 = Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.

Reboot your computer, and try again.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Paint.net crashes