Removing unwanted objects from picture

Wellcomef3-a

Hi all, I'm new to this programme and need someone to guide me through how to remove certain objects from a picture and then to leave the background of the original picture the same colour.

Here is the picture, I want the padlock and keys removing altogether and the picture looking more or less square:

13000_da76fa061c2fbe91d09a83ed0d090084

I hope I have included the correct code above. :? Should I have used http://url instead? Like I said I'm new to this game but please put me right wherever I have ******* up, thanks!

The image doesn't work. Could you upload it here, please?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Exactly like that! That is perfect - just what I need!

So how do I do that? Or upload the picture into my computer? Much obliged and very fast work guys!

First, I opened the image in Paint.NET.

Then, I used the eye dropper tool to sample the cyan background color. :ColorPicker:

Finally, I used the lasso selection tool :LassoTool: to outline the lock and keys before pressing the backspace key to fill that area with the cyan color.

Thanks for the instructions BoltBait, also that phrase about sarcasm does not apply to me does it!? :?

I also used the lasso tool to outline the unwanted parts of the picture but then I got a chequered layer (?) around the content I had removed. I tried removing this chequered layer but instead deleted the manipulated picture instead! :mrgreen:

One more thing, how do I sample the background colour with the eye dropper tool? Does it do it automatically?

Yes, I have done it myself after following your precise instructions! Thanks ever so much! :D

Clicking on your link gives: HTTP 400 Bad Request

BoltBait, where have I gone wrong when receiving that HTTP Bad Request?

Maybe there is a thread explaining how to use all the commands above the "Reply to Post" that I could read? :mrgreen: Thanks again!

Regards,

Peter

you can use the clone stamp and you can get the same results look:

[attachment=0]YLL553.jpg[/attachment]

So how does one use the clone stamp tool threelui? Don't answer that if you don't want, I will delve into the How To or Help sections.

Thanks for your input anyway,

Peter

YLL553.jpg

Like this?

[attachment=0]YLL553.jpg[/attachment]

BoltBait, the image I uploaded was tiny compared to the one in your post which I am replying to now. How did you manage to resize the picture and yet keep the resolution so fine? :o

Boltbait, you are most probably right although I do not remember the image being so large! I think I may have resized it to bring it in line with uploaded forum image sizes. It's no big deal! :|

End of thread I think, I have learned much just from this one, thanks! :)