[Suggestion] Resizable Tools window

For smaller screens, like my laptop which I am using at the moment to write this post, the Tools window almost overlaps the Colors window unless I maximize the main window.

A solution for this could be to give the user the ability to resize the Tools window so it lists all tools in three columns instead of two. Here is a visualization of how it would look like:

Tools.png.ba795c11e655f882b85c6c9bebd09cca.png

(And the title of the window would actually read "Tools" instead of "To...")

• Upvote 1

I like this idea. I think the three column layout looks nice. And yes, I've noticed the title bar is overwritten by the Close icon too.

FlowLayoutPanel?

21 hours ago, BoltBait said:

If you want, you can just close that tools window.  Then, when you want to change tools, click here:

ChangeTools.png

or, simply learn the shortcut keys for the various tools.

I wouldn't have noticed that menu unless you pointed it out. Seems handy, but at the same time it kinda ruins the satisfaction of being able to glance over all options at any time without any need for mouse or keyboard interaction.

20 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I like this idea. I think the three column layout looks nice. And yes, I've noticed the title bar is overwritten by the Close icon too.

FlowLayoutPanel?

Nope, it's a just a modified screenshot. I never got the chance to learn .NET at the university. Java Swing is probably the closest to GUI programming I can get.

Edited by Swiftness
Grammar fix